The Student Room Group

Ib subjects for law. Is global politics HL OK?

Hey there I would just like to know if those subjects are acceptable for law;

- English a lit HL
- History HL
- Global Politics HL

- Maths methods SL
- Biology SL
- French B SL

So do I have a shot a a good uni with these? Because I'm really worried about the value of Global P. Btw English is my second language. Would that give me advantage when applying, for law, showing commitment etc?
Global is fine for law, I'm finishing the SL course this May and am planning to apply for law at uni. Like any subject, cliche as it is, work hard and consistently and get the best marks you can and you should do well. Law generally doesn't require specific subjects anyway, they just want to know you can think critically and write well, which I assume you can with your HLs. Global involves a lot of analysis so I can't imagine why you think it would be a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by Future_IB
Hey there I would just like to know if those subjects are acceptable for law;

- English a lit HL
- History HL
- Global Politics HL

- Maths methods SL
- Biology SL
- French B SL

So do I have a shot a a good uni with these? Because I'm really worried about the value of Global P. Btw English is my second language. Would that give me advantage when applying, for law, showing commitment etc?

Hey ! Im currently doing Foundation IB Grade 10 and studying law at uni is one of my options. I wanted to know if this set of subjects is going to be good for law in the UK:

HL English Language and Literature
HL Economics
HL Global Politics

SL French
SL Math Analysis and Approaches
SL Chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending