The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

unconditional and conditional offers

Hi please can you help me my school hasnt been much help, neither has UCAS or Warwick who i emailed..If I accept an unconditional offer do I get an insurance? UoN gave me an unconditional if I firm but I also really like Exeter so could I put that as an insurance and come results day if I got the grades for exeter could I reject the unconditional offer after its been firmed and go to exeter?Thanks :smile:
Original post by llanber
Hi please can you help me my school hasnt been much help, neither has UCAS or Warwick who i emailed..If I accept an unconditional offer do I get an insurance? UoN gave me an unconditional if I firm but I also really like Exeter so could I put that as an insurance and come results day if I got the grades for exeter could I reject the unconditional offer after its been firmed and go to exeter?Thanks :smile:

You cannot choose to accept an insurance offer on results day if you have met the conditions of your firm choice. In the case of an unconditional offer you have already met the conditions so this is the University you go to. The only way to go to Exeter would be to make it your firm choice and achieve the required grades.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by llanber

Not sure if I'm a bit late, but if you DEFINITELY want to go Exeter, put it as your Firm and UoN as your Insurance. This way if you get the grades, you go Exeter, if not, no matter what grades you get, you go UoN.. However, it gets a bit more complicated if you're not entirely sure. Even with an Unconditional, if you get the grades for Exeter, UoN will be told this by UCAS, and then it may not be as straight forward as making a few phone calls, and might not be possible at all, although I'm unsure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending