The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neb1405
hi potato, so far so good just still waiting for a match to settle tomorrow afternoon!

Same here, it's a shame there weren't many decent matched on tonight.

I should be ready to tackle the rest of the £10 free bets tomorrow, I have a big enough float to take on 3/4 a a time now

Original post by Anabolicminds
you guys making money ? does it work ? i soo need some money now

Yeah, just read the advice, if you have any trouble just PM me
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
Sorry but what is the website to do this?
Original post by rebo
Sorry but what is the website to do this?

Fixtheodds skips through most of the manual searching for bets.
It also provides a step by step guide for beginning Matched Betters, I don't use it myself but it looked quite handy
Am I the only person who's noticed that everyone who's 'made money' out of this is a new member who's only posted in this thread?
Reply 44
Original post by Barden
Am I the only person who's noticed that everyone who's 'made money' out of this is a new member who's only posted in this thread?

I think you will find that I'm the only person so far in this thread who has actually made money out of this and I'm not a new member? :confused:
Reply 45
I've been doing this as money for uni, and randomly came across this thread searching for a new odds matcher as the one I use is down at the minute.
Took me a year to have the courage to start doing it but it's actually dead easy and I've made over £400 in the last month or so, can't say no to that really when it comes to money for living expenses!
Need any help then give me a shout. I'd start with going by going to Jaxx via quidco (who will willingly give you £25 for doing this) to do their £25 free bet, which makes you about £45 overall from their offer.
Any questions just ask!
Reply 46
still waiting for my saturday afternoon match to settle.. hope this does what it says it does!
Original post by Barden

Yes. I don't see how it looks suspicious at all?
Reply 48
Quick update, match has just finished for the setting up bet.

I know earlier, I said that I was due to make a £1.16 loss, however from what I can gather, I've made a 54p loss!!! :biggrin:

According to Betfair, I made a win of £25.75 and the commission on that is £1.29.

(As I had to put £25 with William Hill, then I have made a 75p profit gross and a 54p net loss)

Just about to use the free bet with William Hill for the profit stage after I finish watching Traffic Cops! Will update then..
Reply 49
OK, just placed my bet on a Spanish football match starting tomorrow afternoon.

The site has informed me that I will make a£16.09 profit based on the selection that I chose. It wasn't the highest return, but it meant that my existing float on Betfair could cover it.

However if the £16.09 is based on the £1.29, then I suspect I might get a little more.

I also have another offer going where I'm still at stage 1 that will settle tomorrow. Will update tomorrow!
Original post by sonyhamster
OK, just placed my bet on a Spanish football match starting tomorrow afternoon.

The site has informed me that I will make a£16.09 profit based on the selection that I chose. It wasn't the highest return, but it meant that my existing float on Betfair could cover it.

However if the £16.09 is based on the £1.29, then I suspect I might get a little more.

I also have another offer going where I'm still at stage 1 that will settle tomorrow. Will update tomorrow!

I've also taken a £25 on today as well, I had to use up the majority of my float to try to get as much as possible.

You have to try to maximise the odds as much as possible on Stake Not Returned bets.
Mine was backed at 8.6 and layed at 9.2 I think, that was the must that not be returned, not the closest odds.

I'll try to find some more bookies to go through later on.

Have you got a list of which bookies you've gone through?
Reply 51
I was up at a £1200 profit today (mainly made in 2 weeks), then lost about 650 today, but then made 635 back now as well. Hoping to get one more bet in tonight to close off with £100 profit for today, so £1300 overall. How did I lose 650? Made unsafe bets on tennis, something I basically never do, but got carried away.

How do I do it? Either bet on a tennis game when someone good is a set and a break up (easy to make £50 here) or bet that a football game won't end up 0-0 (easy to make £100 here) about 30 mins into the game. But you have to bet BIG.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Swayum
I was up at a £1200 profit today (mainly made in 2 weeks), then lost about 650 today, but then made 635 back now as well. Hoping to get one more bet in tonight to close off with £100 profit for today, so £1300 overall. How did I lose 650? Made unsafe bets on tennis, something I basically never do, but got carried away.

How do I do it? Either bet on a tennis game when someone good is a set and a break up (easy to make £50 here) or bet that a football game won't end up 0-0 (easy to make £100 here) about 30 mins into the game. But you have to bet BIG.

We're not talking about gambling in this thread, we're talking about getting money from bookies intro offers through matched betting
Reply 53
Original post by I Want A Potato
We're not talking about gambling in this thread, we're talking about getting money from bookies intro offers through matched betting

Oh I see.
Reply 54
Original post by Swayum
Oh I see.

Yes, this is not gambling as there is no risk in matched betting.

See: https://www.fixtheodds.com/faq.cfm#isntgamblingformugs

I strongly recommend that you read first page of this thread and it will become clear what you need to do and the websites you need to visit to do this.
Reply 55
Original post by Barden

Im not a new member!
Reply 56
Original post by sonyhamster
Yes, this is not gambling as there is no risk in matched betting.

See: https://www.fixtheodds.com/faq.cfm#isntgamblingformugs

I strongly recommend that you read first page of this thread and it will become clear what you need to do and the websites you need to visit to do this.

Hey, not been on for a few days - How did everything go for your bets?

Mine's settled on my initial bet - not sure on the overall loss as Ive only just logged on but will update soon.

I have a bit of an issue, I recieved an email from betfair saying my accounts going to be suspended because I didnt prove my age arggh. It asked me the other day to make a deposit from my credit card and I don't have one. Now they want me to send them proof, either a scanned copy of my passport or driving licence....ARGHH...:angry:
Original post by suzie101
Hey, not been on for a few days - How did everything go for your bets?

Mine's settled on my initial bet - not sure on the overall loss as Ive only just logged on but will update soon.

I have a bit of an issue, I recieved an email from betfair saying my accounts going to be suspended because I didnt prove my age arggh. It asked me the other day to make a deposit from my credit card and I don't have one. Now they want me to send them proof, either a scanned copy of my passport or driving licence....ARGHH...:angry:

Don't worry about it, it's standard safety precedure.

I've already had to send mine to 2 bookies and a poker site.
Remember to blank a few digits out before you send it though
Reply 58
Ok quick update, appear to have lost a little more than was expecting, seems to be around £3? bit different to the 37p but still....also It doesn't look like Ive yet recieved my free bet from Skybet, how long did this take for anyone else? I have recieved a £2 joining bonus I hope this hasnt cancelled out the £10 thing, I went directly through the link fixedtheodds gave me?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by suzie101
Ok quick update, appear to have lost a little more than was expecting, seems to be around £3? bit different to the 37p but still....also It doesn't look like Ive yet recieved my free bet from Skybet, how long did this take for anyone else? I have recieved a £2 joining bonus I hope this hasnt cancelled out the £10 thing, I went directly through the link fixedtheodds gave me?

Did your bet lose at the bookies?

That's the terms and conditions of Skybet's offer

"First Bet Insurance

NEW CUSTOMERS - we will insure your first bet up to £5! So if your first bet loses we will give you your money back as a free bet to have another go (within 72 hours)! All new customers are automatically eligible Bets must be placed and settled within 7 days to qualify."

Latest

Trending

Trending