The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sonyhamster
Just to let you know, on Fixtheodds, they let you know the float that you will need and you can choose to trade-off between a higher float / higher return and vice versa - the default one they suggest seem to meet in the middle.

For a £25 offer, I only needed a £40 float for a 65% or so return.

But you should be going for the higher odds anyway to get more out of it.

Let's say you went for a £100 free bet, you'd try to get more than £60 of it back, wouldn't you?

So why not do the same for the lesser bets, it makes sense to.
Reply 81
just signed up with fixtheodds.com but i don't get is what is in it for them?
Reply 82
:colondollar:
Original post by I Want A Potato
But you should be going for the higher odds anyway to get more out of it.

Let's say you went for a £100 free bet, you'd try to get more than £60 of it back, wouldn't you?

So why not do the same for the lesser bets, it makes sense to.

i think that's a little misleading because it is a £100 FREE bet and whatever you get out of it, is profit, so in your senario, £60 of what i did not have already is quite alot...

the likely chances are that you actually make 70% anyway and finally, some of us don't have that kind of money to put into a float, so we're happy to take what we can get :smile:
Original post by neb1405
:colondollar:

i think that's a little misleading because it is a £100 FREE bet and whatever you get out of it, is profit, so in your senario, £60 of what i did not have already is quite alot...

the likely chances are that you actually make 70% anyway and finally, some of us don't have that kind of money to put into a float, so we're happy to take what we can get :smile:

I'm clearly not getting through to you am I?

The bigger intro bets will still be there a month or two down the line, so you might as well use the smaller bets to build up the float, then go for the larger bets.

I didn't put much into a float to begin with, I put £50 on to start me off, then added the profits onto it, I'm now on around £250 float and I'm still on £10 bets, or maybe a £25 if I can get odds close enough to 10
Reply 84
I just recieved an email from Fixtheodds - says they will refund me my £10 I should have got from SkyBet - Lets see if I get it!

My apologies for emailing you directly, but I have been informed by our software reports that you are one of a small number of our Members who have recently had a problem with the Skybet offer published on our website.

This was due to our systems advising potential bets below the minimum required odds to qualify for the offer, and has since been rectified.

As the fault was with our automated advice in this instance, we would be happy to compensate you for the full value of the free bet in the offer in this case £10.

If this would be satisfactory, please do let me know by return confirming your address details (if you would prefer payment by cheque), or other relevant bank details should you wish us to make payment by direct transfer.

Kind regards,

Carl

Carl Scott-Brown
Managing Director

FixTheOdds Limited
17 St Helen’s Place, Bishopsgate, London, EC3A 6DG
Direct Line +44 (0)207 381 9260 Mobile +44 (0)7917 191260 Web www.FixTheOdds.com
Reply 85
Original post by suzie101
I just recieved an email from Fixtheodds - says they will refund me my £10 I should have got from SkyBet - Lets see if I get it!

My apologies for emailing you directly, but I have been informed by our software reports that you are one of a small number of our Members who have recently had a problem with the Skybet offer published on our website.

This was due to our systems advising potential bets below the minimum required odds to qualify for the offer, and has since been rectified.

As the fault was with our automated advice in this instance, we would be happy to compensate you for the full value of the free bet in the offer in this case £10.

If this would be satisfactory, please do let me know by return confirming your address details (if you would prefer payment by cheque), or other relevant bank details should you wish us to make payment by direct transfer.

Kind regards,

Carl

Carl Scott-Brown
Managing Director

FixTheOdds Limited
Direct Line +44 (0)207 381 9260 Mobile +44 (0)7917 191260 Web www.FixTheOdds.com

Oh wow! That's very good of them! :biggrin:

Kind regards,

Carl

Carl Scott-Brown
Managing Director

FixTheOdds Limited

Do you trust them ?
Reply 87
Original post by I Want A Potato
Do you trust them ?

Well they already have my address from when I registered so I confirmed that and told them to send a cheque, not going to give them my bank details mind. Lets see if I get it, could be good if I do, I'd have made £14.77 profit in which case lol
Reply 88
As a goodwill gesture, I'm very impressed! Let us know if and when you receive your cheque!
Well they already have my address from when I registered so I confirmed that and told them to send a cheque, not going to give them my bank details mind. Lets see if I get it, could be good if I do, I'd have made £14.77 profit in which case lol

I hope you get it without any hastle. You'll have to let us know how it's gone.

Did you guys make any more money tonight? I got approx £20 back from a £25 bet :smile:
Reply 90
Just play roulette, all of this is too complicated.
Reply 91
Original post by M1F2R3
Just play roulette, all of this is too complicated.

i don't think you quite get it - this is why we are using fixtheodds as it uncomplicates it

routlette is gambling and is risky - matched betting isn't - see https://www.fixtheodds.com/faq.cfm#isntgamblingformugs
Reply 92
Ok, signed up for it and I've done my first set up bet and I have made a £2.34 loss. Got a match settling tonight so we will find out whether I have made a profit.
Ok I am trying this today. Will let everyone know how it goes :smile:
Did anyone else get a call from sky bet? Some dude said he was going to add funds to my account or something.
Reply 95
Hi Rachel,

Yep, a few of my friends had calls from SkyBet shortly. It's just their way of saying welcome! :smile:

It sounds like they're giving you a sign-up bonus which I think Suzie had. This would be on top of your £10 free bet which is a plus!
Original post by sonyhamster
Hi Rachel,

Yep, a few of my friends had calls from SkyBet shortly. It's just their way of saying welcome! :smile:

It sounds like they're giving you a sign-up bonus which I think Suzie had. This would be on top of your £10 free bet which is a plus!

Ahh cool :smile: Was a bit worried and thought they may try to do me out of more money with special offers or something. But the guy was really nice and didn't drag the call on or anything :smile:

Just placed my first bets. Now to wait and see what happens.
Reply 97
arggh, ok this fixtheodds thing is starting to get a bit wierd, I emailed back my address to send a cheque to now some guy is like 'Ill come to your house to give you the money'...seriously what the hell?
Reply 98
ok, that is wierd... :s-smilie: maybe they're based near u?
Reply 99
Original post by rebo
ok, that is wierd... :s-smilie: maybe they're based near u?

idunno, it was just a random guy who emailed me and said he worked for fixtheodds and that he could come give me the money in person. Just seems a bit weird, and in no way am I comfortable with that situation. I said I would only accept a cheque, now the orginal guy has emailed me again apologising for the other guy emailing me saying it was against company policy to contact me....he says my cheque is in the post tho.......seriously a wierd situation but Im not going to turn down a free £10.

Latest

Trending

Trending