The Student Room Group

Oxford Offer Holders (2016 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Course: Experimental Psychology
College: Univ
Level of shock: ... I've definitely defied a hell lot of the odds.
Course: Medicine
College: Univ
Level of shock: still can't believe it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the average workload of a Geography student? I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to cope with the workload?
Course; Chemistry
College; it's an open offer but from Pembroke so idk :smile:
Shock; 15/10
Course: Biomed
College: Open Offer
Shock: Still thinking there's been a mix up somewhere :flute:

Is there a Facebook group anywhere?
Original post by ChiaraMcD
Course: Biomed
College: Open Offer
Shock: Still thinking there's been a mix up somewhere :flute:

Is there a Facebook group anywhere?

Yes, one for Oxford Offer holders and many colleges have their own.
Course: Mathematics and Computer Science
College: St. John's College
Course: Earth Sciences
College: Worcester
Reply 48
Original post by ylmdk
Wadham PPE from Turkey. Getting an offer was both joyful and bitter, I'll need to pay 22,500 pounds for university+college fees every year(as an overseas student) and lira depreciated a lot, and I feel some degree of guilt as that'll require my family to sacrifice all their savings if I can't find any scholarships.
But it feels very strange that I'll meet with real people behind those TSR profiles next year.

Look Up Ahmet Ertegun memorial scholarship
Reply 49
Original post by A Square
Woooh! Wadham! :woo:Human Sciences offer-holder here. I have to say I was very surprised to get that letter - elated of course, but still surprised. Now I need to get studying, make sure I get the grades and I'll see you there later this year. :h:

I got an offer from Wadham despite applying to Merton for Biological Sciences. I am extremely elated. I am from the U.S. (With Colombian parents) And as far as I know the first from my school to go to Oxford
Original post by smileandsing
Does anyone know the average workload of a Geography student? I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to cope with the workload?

A couple of our former Geographers have written short profiles of student life:

http://insidebrasenose.org/students/louis-trup/
http://insidebrasenose.org/students/clare-jamison/

Anyone else on TSR able to comment?
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
A couple of our former Geographers have written short profiles of student life:

http://insidebrasenose.org/students/louis-trup/
http://insidebrasenose.org/students/clare-jamison/

Anyone else on TSR able to comment?

Thank you!
Course: PPE
College: Brasenose
Level of Shock: completely stunned! The envelope didn't survive
Reply 53
Woooh! Wadham! :woo:Human Sciences offer-holder here. I have to say I was very surprised to get that letter - elated of course, but still surprised. Now I need to get studying, make sure I get the grades and I'll see you there later this year. :h:

Yay, I'm human sciences too! @ St John's though - it's such a small course, we'll definitely run into each other. I was so prepared to be rejected I just couldn't believe it, the acceptance is only starting to really sink in now!
Original post by Graceful1997
Hey! I was interviewed at Wadham and got an offer for Human Sciences from Magdalen, where my other interview was!

Oh nice! Maybe I saw you around (though I didn't speak to many people to be honest). Congratulations :smile: Magdalen looked nice but I applied to Wadham because it was more central.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hey_hey
Yay, I'm human sciences too! @ St John's though - it's such a small course, we'll definitely run into each other. I was so prepared to be rejected I just couldn't believe it, the acceptance is only starting to really sink in now!

Nice and definitely! I look forward to it, you clearly have a great taste in subjects :biggrin: I'm the same to be honest, I was expecting some very depressing news because the Human Science course was the one I really wanted to study (applied for SocAnth at other Unis).

Original post by Agax2468
I got an offer from Wadham despite applying to Merton for Biological Sciences. I am extremely elated. I am from the U.S. (With Colombian parents) And as far as I know the first from my school to go to Oxford

Congratulations mate! Wadham's better anyway haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Nice and definitely! I look forward to it, you clearly have a great taste in subjects :biggrin: I'm the same to be honest, I was expecting some very depressing news because the Human Science course was the one I really wanted to study (applied for SocAnth at other Unis).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same, it was the course I was super passionate about! I actually applied for medicine elsewhere, I feel like I may have dodged a bullet seeing how stressed out my medic friends are 😅
Original post by hey_hey
Yeah same, it was the course I was super passionate about! I actually applied for medicine elsewhere, I feel like I may have dodged a bullet seeing how stressed out my medic friends are 😅

Lucky escape then 😄 I'm sure that passion showed in the interview. I personally am from a humanities background and sort of regretted not pursuing science. Ultimately I've always wanted to study a bit of everything haha - and I think this course more than any other that comes to mind covers my range of interests. Any idea what you want to do afterwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, and congrats on your human sciences offer! Wadham's a larger college but I suppose there's a decent chance we'll bump into each other at fresher's week.
Original post by Agax2468
Thanks, and congrats on your human sciences offer! Wadham's a larger college but I suppose there's a decent chance we'll bump into each other at fresher's week.

Cheers - I'll wear a shirt with loads of squares on it or something. :laugh:

Heck if you're doing BioSci then we might even have the odd lecture together in second year. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending