The Student Room Group

Engineering drawing

Hey guys,

I have a drawing with me that i need to model in solidworks. However, im having a hard time even interpreting what the parts are meant to look like.

Im going to upload a photo of my problem and ask:

1) What is the top image meant to look like? will it have a hole running through the middle or is it meant to look like a cap on a toothpaste bottle?

2) The 3mm diameter hole that goes through the side of both the top image and the bottom image, how far into the parts is it meant to be? As in from the left line on the top image, whats the distance between that?

3) My final question is in solidworks, when drilling holes, if i have a size of M6 how am i supposed to know what kind of hole to make and what do i do with the hole wizard to accomplish this?

Thanks to anyone who tries to help, and if you can answer any of these questions it would be a huge help. Thanks!
20160104_213756.jpgthis is the image i need clarifying. cheers!
Reply 2
To me it looks as though the 7mm hole drills right through the top end of the cap, as I cant see any solid lines / / / / that are shown on the sides. as for the 3mm hole it doesn't seem to give dimensions for distance, but if the drawing is scaled then maybe a rule will see you right?

as for solidworks i cant help you there.

edited to say " it will look like a tooth paste cap only for a 7mm hole on top."
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest