The Student Room Group

Is my father sexually abusing my sister?

Scroll to see replies

How is your first post so relaxed? :eek: this is terrifying.
Can I just add, I think your mum knows, and the fact that it "makes her jealous" is scary. :frown:
Original post by Jenx301
you can't post pictures under anonymous. Can I ask what ChildLine said? x

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you :redface:

They basically said talk to your mum if you're comfortable because you don't have enough evidence to make a case and if you feel it didn't go how you wanted it to get back to us and the most important thing is for you and your siblings to be safe

that^
Original post by CoronationStreet
I agree, you have dealt with the situation with great maturity. I feel that you should be even more courageous now and stand up to your father- when ever he says to your sister come into my room, say no shes with me tonight- deal with it.

I feel that childline wasnt really helpful. If the situation is not solved I suggest telling one of your teachers about it, im sure they can give LOADS of support, plus they have contact to agencies that can help you- remember people are there to help.

Thank you,
I don't know if I can - my father is a very scary man
he's made it clear to me and my siblings that he is not afraid to kill should we go against what he wants and he will gladly face the consequences

he's not the most sane human being you'll ever meet...

Aren't teachers bound to some kinda duty of care which means they'll tell people who will notify your parents should you say anything that suggests you or someone else is in danger (which this falls under I think) ? I don't want the school blowing things up at home...

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
How is your first post so relaxed? :eek: this is terrifying.

Well I'm not relaxed!!!! I just don't know how to think/ I can't process anything right now

Well I'm not relaxed!!!! I just don't know how to think/ I can't process anything right now

I'm sorry, it's just the "it makes my mum jealous" and then this face ":tongue:", it made me think that you were relaxed about it.

Please talk to your mum, I honestly think she knows from what I can read, the fact that she hasn't done anything about it makes me sad :frown:
Thank you,
he's made it clear to me and my siblings that he is not afraid to kill should we go against what he wants and he will gladly face the consequences

Aren't teachers bound to some kinda duty of care which means they'll tell people who will notify your parents should you say anything that suggests you or someone else is in danger (which this falls under I think) ? I don't want the school blowing things up at home...

What the actual ****?! Report the psycho NOW
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'm sorry, it's just the "it makes my mum jealous" and then this face ":tongue:", it made me think that you were relaxed about it.

Please talk to your mum, I honestly think she knows from what I can read, the fact that she hasn't done anything about it makes me sad :frown:

Yeah it makes me sad too :frown: i'll talk to her - she's not feeling well at the moment and slept early today and she was out all morning with the kids so didn't get a chance to sit with her and have a proper conversation but I will soon
in the meantime I made my sister go to sleep early in my room
Thank you,

How are these the traits of a normal man? What makes you think that one day he may not kill you for no reason? You and your sister are not safe. I feel like you are not taking this seriously enough- this guy is dangerous and you need to take yourself out of the situation, if not for yourself but for your sister.

Teachers have a duty of care yes but they are not going to notify your dad about it of course not they will get in touch with authorities that will investigate the situation. Ultimately you will be safe, but if you do this you must tell the teachers the fully story especially about how your dad says he is not afraid of killing- because then they will not send you home with him there.
Yeah it makes me sad too :frown: i'll talk to her - she's not feeling well at the moment and slept early today and she was out all morning with the kids so didn't get a chance to sit with her and have a proper conversation but I will soon
in the meantime I made my sister go to sleep early in my room

Pm me if you need to talk.

I think your doing a good job so far, really try to talk to you sister in a way that she wont go a tell your dad but you can get it out of her.
Original post by CoronationStreet
How are these the traits of a normal man? What makes you think that one day he may not kill you for no reason? You and your sister are not safe. I feel like you are not taking this seriously enough- this guy is dangerous and you need to take yourself out of the situation, if not for yourself but for your sister.

Teachers have a duty of care yes but they are not going to notify your dad about it of course not they will get in touch with authorities that will investigate the situation. Ultimately you will be safe, but if you do this you must tell the teachers the fully story especially about how your dad says he is not afraid of killing- because then they will not send you home with him there.

Because he says if we do what he wants he'll be good to us

It's not gonna work... we've had police over a dozen times for a range of reasons and he knows how to manipulate people, the officers, my siblings, my mum, me, everyone to say what he wants us to say to get himself out of this situation
"yes we love my father", "no he's never hit us"
and he stands by the door when the officers are talking to us in the kitchen and I just I really can't say anything wrong because I know if I do I'm done for when they leave

my brother ran away... and he told the authorities everything my dad done to him and to us, and my dad somehow found his way out of that, police had no suspicions authorities dropped the case, my brother's out of the country and his future's potentially ruined
that's how it's gonna end
you can't win just by talking
i need physical evidence, video evidence, and i need to find a way to get it
because he knows how to avoid the talk, when it's my word against his I stand no chance and no one can save me when **** hits the fan
Reply 90
Because he says if we do what he wants he'll be good to us

It's not gonna work... we've had police over a dozen times for a range of reasons and he knows how to manipulate people, the officers, my siblings, my mum, me, everyone to say what he wants us to say to get himself out of this situation
"yes we love my father", "no he's never hit us"
and he stands by the door when the officers are talking to us in the kitchen and I just I really can't say anything wrong because I know if I do I'm done for when they leave

my brother ran away... and he told the authorities everything my dad done to him and to us, and my dad somehow found his way out of that, police had no suspicions authorities dropped the case, my brother's out of the country and his future's potentially ruined
that's how it's gonna end
you can't win just by talking
i need physical evidence, video evidence, and i need to find a way to get it
because he knows how to avoid the talk, when it's my word against his I stand no chance and no one can save me when **** hits the fan

If you need evidence, buy some hidden cameras

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like if you went to the police station, and if you said that your father has been physically abusive to you in the past, has been abusive to your mother, and you now have reason to believe he's sexually abusive your little sister, I just feel sure that they'd do something about it. And if you say that you worry for yours and your families safety if he finds out you reported him, that they'd have to protect you all in someway. Explain what's happened in the past when the police have come around.

Something has to be done :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

they're bloody expensive where am I gonna get the money from I can't work and it can't just go missing
I'll start saving up
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I don't think it's right to set up something, to capture a man sexually abusing his 8 year old daughter. Because in other words you are expecting something to happen, but you aren't going to stop it, instead film it. I personally wouldn't put my sister in a situation where she will be abused in order to capture evidence. And I also think that's too much responsibility for the OP, to put on her shoulders, it's not right. This isn't a spy film.

OP needs to go to her mother, explain to her mother exactly what she has told us, and then I'm praying that her mother will finally muster even an ounce of the courage that her daughter is portraying, and then both the OP and her mother can go to the police together.
Reply 94
they're bloody expensive where am I gonna get the money from I can't work and it can't just go missing
I'll start saving up

You can get some for like a tenner up here:dontknow:

Original post by Twinpeaks
No. I don't think it's right to set up something, to capture a man sexually abusing his 8 year old daughter. Because in other words you are expecting something to happen, but you aren't going to stop it, instead film it. I personally wouldn't put my sister in a situation where she will be abused in order to capture evidence. And I also think that's too much responsibility for the OP, to put on her shoulders, it's not right. This isn't a spy film.

OP needs to go to her mother, explain to her mother exactly what she has told us, and then I'm praying that her mother will finally muster even an ounce of the courage that her daughter is portraying, and then both the OP and her mother can go to the police together.

If I was in the situation, I would be the bait

Posted from TSR Mobile
My little sister and my father are really really close - he loves her more than anything it even makes my mum jealous :tongue: !
She's 8, and basically a mini version of me (looks wise).

However I'm getting slightly suspicious because

a) he always wants to sleep with her in the same bed - which i thought nothing of but when my mum went away for a few weeks she told me not to let her sleep with him - so I made her sleep with me which he got really upset about. Eventually he started taking her anyway when we were sleeping and I didn't wanna cause trouble so I just let him.

b) he always talks about how she's beautiful and has the best body figure of all of us (she's skinny I guess but she looks just like any other 8 year old girl) and says that we all should have her perfect body. Whenever she dresses up for occasions he does that 'contruction worker whistle' and he puts her make up on for her.

c) he always kisses her on the lips and face and chest etc. but it's just a peck.

d) he takes her everywhere with him when he goes out (other than to work obv)

Am I overthinking this? I tried talking to her asking her if anyone's told her to keep a secret, touched her where they shouldn't etc but she said no...

It makes me feel strange and I wanna know that I'm not making a big deal out of nothing - what do you think?

whether he is or not, she is uncomfortable with his behaviour, and that is enough of a reason to put an end to it.
yeah exactly
he does say that alot that he doesnt want her to grow up and wants her to be a kid forever so he can play with her

okay thank you

alright i'll talk to themi tried asking her without hinting at anything drastic and she denied everything like "did anyone ask you to keep a secret or play a game just between you two and not to tell anyone else" etc. etc. but she said no to everything like thatit was a confused no like "no what the hell" instead of a scared/worried "no :frown:" so that gives me more hope

Mum doesn't say anything but when she was away for a few weeks she told me not to let her sleep next to him at night which ticked my radar off

Omg he could be doing something to her when she's asleep, so perhaps she's being truthful. Perhaps she's not aware herself! Talk to Childline if u haven't done so already!
Original post by Twinpeaks

but like i said his word vs mine never works
i don't know what else will suffice as evidence
and maybe (hopefully) all i'll see is 2 people sleeping next to each other with nothing going on at all and all is well
but i agree i dont wanna put my sister in harms way just for that evidence

im gonna speak to my mum and see what she says and hopefully she'll be helpful
This might seem like a dumb idea, but if you have a recording device on your phone, maybe try hiding it in his bedroom when they sleep together and record what they're saying? might be able to figure out what's going on. stay safe! :-)
Tbh though is your mum putting out enough for him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending