The Student Room Group

10 reasons to stand up to Islamophobia

Scroll to see replies

I'm firmly against hatred and discrimination on the grounds of religion, including Islam, but you cannot honestly pretend as though these protests are unexplained? Have you seen the devestation people have been causing in Germany?

You're too blind to the opposite side.
(edited 8 years ago)
10 reasons to criticise what OP's saying

1) Islam favours men
2) It's oppressive
3) They view non Muslims as scum
4) Women are treated like second class citizens
5) Sharia law is backward as ****
6) Apparently rape in marriage is ok
7) Adulterers are put to death
8) Gays are thrown off buildings
9) It's backward
10)OP's too naive to see what's happening in Germany
Original post by Skip_Snip

There were no convictions? So the police weren't arresting them for nothing then!

confusion prevails :confused:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Criticism of Islam is perfectly acceptable and necessary. Anti-Muslim bigotry is not.

Yet you still commit it?
People can criticise my religion, but please don't treat me or my family like dirt when we're all pacifists and hate the actions of extremists as much as you do :frown:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
10 reasons to criticise what OP's saying

1) Islam favours men
2) It's oppressive
3) They view non Muslims as scum
4) Women are treated like second class citizens
5) Sharia law is backward as ****
6) Apparently rape in marriage is ok
7) Adulterers are put to death
8) Gays are thrown off buildings
9) It's backward
10)OP's too naive to see what's happening in Germany

Right into the spot, except that there are thousands of reasons to do that.
OP y u always playing victim
Islamophobia does not exist. It is not irrational and there's absolutely nothing wrong with hating Islam at all. It is responsible for most of the worlds problems today. It offers nothing positive to this world and is a cancer to everyone who believes in it.
Original post by luminarychild
Yet you still commit it?

No I don't, provide evidence.

Islamophobia is a word you invented when the rest of us address the intolerance in Islam. It is a stupid word used to protect all the intolerance you bring
Original post by Pahlavi Palava
confusion prevails :confused:

They're being searched, but not convicted. Therefore, they're not being arrested.
Original post by The meal
Islamophobia is a word you invented when the rest of us address the intolerance in Islam. It is a stupid word used to protect all the intolerance you bring

Yet you are being intolerant about the freedom of muslims and their rights to express their faith and to practice it. Targeting terror/extremism is one thing, but targeting muslims as a whole is disgusting. This behaviour is indefinitely recognised as Islamophobia.
Original post by MrKmas508
Islamophobia does not exist. It is not irrational and there's absolutely nothing wrong with hating Islam at all. It is responsible for most of the worlds problems today. It offers nothing positive to this world and is a cancer to everyone who believes in it.

Islamophobia is essentially irrational fear of Islam and/or Muslims.

Are you saying that some of the comments that are made (steeped in racial undertones) as well as numerous attacks on Muslims is not Islamophobia?
If a religion/culture is responsible for so many wrong acts, why should I be forced to accept it?

-Terrorism
-Child sex gangs
-Honour killings
-Female genital mutilation

What connects all of the above?
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Then you are not tolerant.

So you would have tolerated the Nazis? Because you are tolerant.
Original post by luminarychild
If anything your logic is that of nazism, it's like you want a new holocaust for muslims, you bigot.

I never said that, another example of you using Islamophobia because I pointed out a truth you do not like. All I suggest is, this is a tolerant country and I don't think intolerant groups should be here
Original post by mmm778899
If a religion/culture is responsible for so many wrong acts, why should I be forced to accept it?

-Terrorism
-Child sex gangs
-Honour killings
-Female genital mutilation

What connects all of the above?

They are all acts perpetrated by humans?
Original post by mmm778899
So you would have tolerated the Nazis? Because you are tolerant.

If one was tolerant, then of course.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Islamophobia is essentially irrational fear of Islam and/or Muslims.

Are you saying that some of the comments that are made (steeped in racial undertones) as well as numerous attacks on Muslims is not Islamophobia?

If they're steeped in racial undertones then they're racist, however undertones have a habit of being subjective. Attacks on Muslims is assault, why do you care about the reasons behind why people do it. As a Muslim I thought it was your favourite pastime to pretend that the reasons for why people do things are different from the reasons why people really do things, seems pretty hypocritical for you get touchy on the whys.
Original post by The meal
Like I said, I am not tolerant of intolerant groups. You are just repeating what I said. I will not tolerate someone murdering someone else for example.

But you consider yourself to be tolerant, no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending