The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Undergraduate Accommodation at UOB

I can't find any up to date information about accommodation at Birmingham.
I just want inside opinions really.
I'm thinking of putting Ashcroft as my first choice. Originally I was going to put tennis courts as my first choice but then I heard it's very noisy there?
Would I be missing out if I wasn't living on the vale? what would be the advantage of living there that I couldn't access anywhere else? Can you still go to the vale hub even if you were eg from Pritchatts park? Is Pritchatts park a nice area? Are there local shops easy to get to?
Also any opinions on Oakley court, maple bank, Ashcroft, tennis courts and jarrat hall?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also is there 24hr reception everywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
And now that is said reception (meaning people at a desk), I noticed when I stayed with my friend at Jarrat hall the phone signal was really bad. Have you had any problems with phone signal elsewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maths_4_life
I'm thinking of putting Ashcroft as my first choice. Originally I was going to put tennis courts as my first choice but then I heard it's very noisy there?
Would I be missing out if I wasn't living on the vale? what would be the advantage of living there that I couldn't access anywhere else? Can you still go to the vale hub even if you were eg from Pritchatts park? Is Pritchatts park a nice area? Are there local shops easy to get to?
Also any opinions on Oakley court, maple bank, Ashcroft, tennis courts and jarrat hall?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello maths_4_life!

We heard you're looking for accommodation and we thought we could help - unless you're looking for uni halls and uni halls alone.

If you feel like you could explore other housing options, why not have a look at our iQ Birmingham accommodation! :wink: It's super central and next to where the heart of the Brumie student life beats! It is also recently refurbished and offers a number of different social spaces.. among which an entire sports pitch! :u:

What we like the most about it though is the lovely team up there - always happy to help and answer questions! If you wish so, don't hesitate to give them call at 01216227540 or drop a word at [email protected].

If there's anything else we could help with, just write back! :h:
Original post by maths_4_life
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Tennis Courts is generally pretty noisy but obviously it does depend who is in your flat/block. I lived on the vale in first year and to be honest I don't think you would be missing out if you didn't live on the vale. A lot of people when applying seem to think that living on the Vale is the be all and end all- it isnt whatsoever! Wherever you live you will meet people! Yes, you can still go to the Vale Hub and use the facilities there such as the Duck and Scholar bar even if you don't live on the Vale, but Pritchatts Park has its own bar so its not like you would need too, but the option is there. I didn't live in Pritchatts but from what I know its nice and is in walking distance of Harbone where there are plenty of shops.
Original post by jonnys123
Hi! Tennis Courts is generally pretty noisy but obviously it does depend who is in your flat/block. I lived on the vale in first year and to be honest I don't think you would be missing out if you didn't live on the vale. A lot of people when applying seem to think that living on the Vale is the be all and end all- it isnt whatsoever! Wherever you live you will meet people! Yes, you can still go to the Vale Hub and use the facilities there such as the Duck and Scholar bar even if you don't live on the Vale, but Pritchatts Park has its own bar so its not like you would need too, but the option is there. I didn't live in Pritchatts but from what I know its nice and is in walking distance of Harbone where there are plenty of shops.

Great thank you for your advice! Think I'll probably go for Pritchatts then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending