The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies '15-16

Hey! Thought we could use a thread for any help on questions etcetera.

:p:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
i don't have essay plans, but i've got stats and such on health inequalities (poverty, lifestyle choices and the biology of poverty)
Reply 2
Original post by alana_p
i don't have essay plans, but i've got stats and such on health inequalities (poverty, lifestyle choices and the biology of poverty)

Stats would be cool thanks!
Reply 3
hey, I was just wondering how people are revising for the modern studies prelim/exam? Are you guys learning full essay plans or are you simply learning and memorising knowledge/statistics with some analysis and then coming up with the actual essay plans in the exam?
Reply 4
Original post by mhairi98
hey, I was just wondering how people are revising for the modern studies prelim/exam? Are you guys learning full essay plans or are you simply learning and memorising knowledge/statistics with some analysis and then coming up with the actual essay plans in the exam?

Sorry I'm a bit late :smile: I'm writing out knowledge/statistics with some analysis as you say and memorising it, but I am linking them to possible essay questions in my head so I know how to link them to what I'm doing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Does anyone have any tips for writing and good quality, but short (to be able to complete in the appropriate time) essay? I struggle so much with timing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have essay plans on China, Social Inequalities or Democracy in the UK that they would deb happy to share with me please!!
Original post by MaiBr13
Hey! Thought we could use a thread for any help on questions etcetera.

Anyone have any essay plans they could send me for (on social inequalities)

-factors which impacted health (gender, ethnicity etc)
-lifestyle choices (drugs,smoking etc)
-gov. help on health
-causes of gender inequality
-government help on gender inequality
-causes of ethnic inequality
-government help on ethnic inequality
-government meeting aims of the welfare state (idleness, want etc and policies to tackle these)

I have some on...
-USA world powers question
-Britain voting behaviour
-consequences of ethnic inequality
-consequences of gender inequality
...if anyone's interested.

:p:

I'm looking for essays on pretty much all of the above minus USA, severely struggling as I have not got any essay plans yet!
Reply 8
Anyone got essays on usa as a world power? Preferably a democracy essay/effective check on government/ gov policies to tackle inequality?
I haven't personally done USA but have a look on this, http://www.cathkin.s-lanark.sch.uk/New%20Higher%20essays%202014.pdf I'm looking for anything on Africa if anyone has!
Does anyone have an essay or essay plan for wealth inequalities that would suit a 12 mark question on causes?
Reply 11
Original post by geography16
I'm looking for essays on pretty much all of the above minus USA, severely struggling as I have not got any essay plans yet!

I'll check if I still have them; however I've found out now you only need one of consequences/causes of ethnic or gender inequality, as it wouldn't ask you about a specific inequality

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending