The Student Room Group

Urgent personal statement query please?!

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to trouble you all.But I am just editing my personal statement for nursing school and extremely stressed!

I am 24 and have missed many years due to being a carer for my father and the last three years i have been ill myself. So i do not have a vast range of experience and some 'blank years'.

May i ask if i should put my ill health in my statement? It has most definitely cemented my desire to become a nurse. But i don't want to be pittied if that makes sense?

Any help will be most gratefully received!

Thank you. :smile:
include in your PS what you learnt from being ill. If you are offered a place you have to fill in an occupational health form and have it verified by your doctor. This is not to 'catch you out' but to put in support if required.
Good luck and hurry up you need to get it to UCAS by the 15th of January!
Reply 2
Original post by Felix_felicis
Hi there,

I'm so sorry to trouble you all.But I am just editing my personal statement for nursing school and extremely stressed!

I am 24 and have missed many years due to being a carer for my father and the last three years i have been ill myself. So i do not have a vast range of experience and some 'blank years'.

May i ask if i should put my ill health in my statement? It has most definitely cemented my desire to become a nurse. But i don't want to be pittied if that makes sense?

Any help will be most gratefully received!

Thank you. :smile:

you were the carer of your father! that alone you can talk about and will be valued. talk about how u learnt skills that is needed as a nurse, patience, compassion etc.
talk about how u felt rewarded for helping someone that needed it. etc etc and that that experience has made you want pursue nursing at university!
best of luck!

you wont sound pittied. be real. talk about how you learnt to deal with difficult situations when caring for your father. or talk about how when you were ill you enjoyed the company others gave you and taking care of you and that you would like to make others feel that way.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending