The Student Room Group

A pressing issue I have about my AS level in history

This has been bugging me since results day and I have no one else to ask so I figured I'd try my luck here:

I studied Edexcel History for AS last year and was shocked to find out that I had received a B grade in unit 1 and an E in unit 2, considering it is one of my best subjects and I'm applying for history at uni.

I'd written a considerable amount in the unit 2 exam and could swear that it was at least better than an E standard. I couldn't even get my paper back due the schools mishaps at the start of this year.

Now here's where I'm stuck:

One other student in my class got a U in unit 1, but an A in Unit 2. This person skips classes and got kicked out this year and I can't see a single reason how they could have got an A in the unit I got an E in, with all due respect.

Am I being stupid to imply that our grades may have been switched? I'm not trying to be arrogant and am telling myself that this is impossible, but I'm asking you is it really?

I'm now having to retake this unit and very disappointed in myself.

I need advice and thoughts from you. Could this really be true? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Solsy101
I'd written a considerable amount in the unit 2 exam and could swear that it was at least better than an E standard. I couldn't even get my paper back due the schools mishaps at the start of this year.One other student in my class got a U in unit 1, but an A in Unit 2. This person skips classes and got kicked out this year and I can't see a single reason how they could have got an A in the unit I got an E in, with all due respect.Am I being stupid to imply that our grades may have been switched? I'm not trying to be arrogant and am telling myself that this is impossible, but I'm asking you is it really?

I say the possibility of it happening was incredibly small. I would also say that getting very different grades in 2 History units is not that uncommon. Regardless, you missed the 7 week window when you could have paid to get your paper back and so you will now never find out the truth - so just let it go.

Quick Reply

Latest