The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Speech and Language Therapy??

Hi there, I'm currently in my first year doing modern languages at uni and I've just made up my mind to change course and uni a few days ago. I'm thinking of Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, Reading and City. It would be great if I could talk to someone who is in the similar situation as me. I've on the way finishing my personal statement and the UCAS form.

Newcastle states that 'Biology normally required'... I'm not sure or this is a must or not.

Hope everything will be alright... The time is so tight and hopefully I am able to make the deadline!
Original post by nigelcheng
Hi there, I'm currently in my first year doing modern languages at uni and I've just made up my mind to change course and uni a few days ago. I'm thinking of Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, Reading and City. It would be great if I could talk to someone who is in the similar situation as me. I've on the way finishing my personal statement and the UCAS form.

Newcastle states that 'Biology normally required'... I'm not sure or this is a must or not.

Hope everything will be alright... The time is so tight and hopefully I am able to make the deadline!

I've just moved this to a forum where you might get more responses, and I'll quote in one of our mods who might be able to help.
@BurstingBubbles

Hey! I don't know a lot about changing courses as I have not done that. However, I just checked the Newcastle SLT website as it's 2 years since I applied, but it states that it is required at AS level (B grade), if not A Level - so if you have not completed Biology at A level or equivalent, it's unlikely they will accept you. It might be worth applying elsewhere for a stronger chance of an offer, especially at this stage in the application process. What sort of experience have you had? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Hey! I don't know a lot about changing courses as I have not done that. However, I just checked the Newcastle SLT website as it's 2 years since I applied, but it states that it is required at AS level (B grade), if not A Level - so if you have not completed Biology at A level or equivalent, it's unlikely they will accept you. It might be worth applying elsewhere for a stronger chance of an offer, especially at this stage in the application process. What sort of experience have you had? :smile:

Oh yes thanks for reminding, that's really helpful! By the way, my friends told me that as I have got all my grades in hand, I might not need to apply through UCAS. Should I phone the universities and ask them what to do and if they would consider me? I would ask my former school to write a reference and look at my personal statement asap.

Well I have some experience with children, but without communication difficulties. I think I will definitely do some next semester! I did A-Level French, Maths and Geography and have traveled to France.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I've just moved this to a forum where you might get more responses, and I'll quote in one of our mods who might be able to help.
@BurstingBubbles

Thank you!!
Thank you!!

You're welcome.

Quick Reply

Latest