The Student Room Group

Why so few migrants want to stay in Islamic countries

I was wondering why so few Muslims want to stay in Islamic countries. Many Muslims from Syria, Pakistan, Iraq etc travel to safe Islamic countries like Turkey but take great risks and pay lots of money to travel to none Islamic countries like Germany.

Why do so many Muslims want to leave Islamic countries where they face fewer prejudices and travel to none Islamic ones where they are not welcome?
Reply 1
Original post by Maker
I was wondering why so few Muslims want to stay in Islamic countries. Many Muslims from Syria, Pakistan, Iraq etc travel to safe Islamic countries like Turkey but take great risks and pay lots of money to travel to none Islamic countries like Germany.

Why do so many Muslims want to leave Islamic countries where they face fewer prejudices and travel to none Islamic ones where they are not welcome?

Mainly due to the higher standard of living in the west, UK and Germany both have strong economies with well paying jobs.

I wouldn't say facing fewer prejudicies is a factor, Merkel has rolled out the red carpet for migrants and has been shutting down all criticisms of Islam. The monetary benefits of being in Europe far exceed the odd case of prejudice they'll receive.
Because the Islamic world is ****e.
Reply 3
Bc of conflict, wars, poverty, poor standard of life.
Reply 4
Am I not welcome? ;_;

I was born in the West and so is basically every Muslim I know - most are first generation Brits but I know a few second generation Muslim Brits too :smile:

I think if ISIS invaded your country and started chopping off people's heads to the right and to the left you'd probably want to GTFO as well
cuz they like the Haram :perv:
Reply 6
Original post by Maker

Because they are dumps.
Original post by Howard
Because they are dumps.

This.
Reply 8
Most Middle Eastern countries are essentially Mordor.
Original post by Maker

Better standard of living, more freedom.
The systems of government are all sectarian, based on Islamic Sharia law and wide open to corruption as a way of life.

It means that whoever is in government will be opposed vehemently and violently by any peoples who follow any of the other Islamic sects. Those in power will use all means to oppress and eliminate the opposition and gain justification from their religious scholars who will call for Jihad.

This system of government can only exist if the governing body rules mercilessly through virtual dictatorships and instils abject fear in it's population.

Without it, civil war ensues as one sect fights against the others to dominate and the cycle continues.

The general population who simply want a peaceful life are doomed to an existence of continual fear, oppression and war/potential war with acts of terrorism. Given those choices it's little wonder that Muslims in these countries want a safe existence in countries with strong democratic liberal governments and strong economies.

The tragedy is that the refugee crisis is seen as an easy bandwagon for economic migrants to jump on. This is coupled with a laissez-faire societal approach to integration where immigrant population centres cuckold indigenous populations and grow increasingly brazen in their demands to establish their own culture including it's sectarian baggage.

Islam means 'submission' and an unnervingly large percentage of the diaspora assumes that includes their new home and the indigenous people who welcome them in.

Merkel's heart is in the right place, but she is incredibly naïve in her approach. The dithering inertia of the EU is being exploited before the door slams shut. Islam in the west needs to get it's act together and openly promote secularism as the only way of government ahead of anything to do with religious ideologies.

It's ridiculous to assume that Sharia and elements of it can be allowed to co-exist within a western liberal democracy. It's a privilege not a right to live in the west and people who want the benefits offered must and have no option but to accept liberal democracy with all it entails as the fundamental test and legal conditions for entry.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Maker

Like many others mentioned earlier, the quality of life they face in non Islamic countries outweighs the potential discrimination or prejudice. In fact I doubt, in many cases, that they would even consider it.

When you have the opportunity to get out of a place where you face poverty, persecution or constant fear, you might not be looking at the welcome you face but you would definitely highly consider the conditions you would be living in.

And [this is just a theory] perhaps they might think that in a Islamic country, things might be the same and they would fall into the same conflict but in a different country? Again, just an idea :embarrassed:.
Reply 12
Original post by Maker

You need to be more specific when you say Islamic countries. Way too broad. Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman etc.. are doing just fine.
Reply 13
Original post by Zimz
You need to be more specific when you say Islamic countries. Way too broad. Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman etc.. are doing just fine.

Oh yes, these are all well-known for their willingness to accept immigrants from the region.
Reply 14
Original post by Phate18
Oh yes, these are all well-known for their willingness to accept immigrants from the region.

If migrants were accepted by these countries, many wouldn't think of coming here lol.
And how many people from these countries do you know are European immigrants? I know none. :colonhash:
Original post by Maker

Turkey is not safe. ISIS operates freely across the border in many Eastern areas, and commits freqent terror attacks even in the Western areas (Ankara, Istanbul to name recent examples). Plus many Syrian refugees live in camps in terrible conditions so don't get to enjoy even the relative prosperity of Turkey. Not to mention the fact that there is now a virtual civil war in Turkish Kurdistan.

Besides, Syrians probably get more prejudice in Turkey than in Europe, because most Europeans are tolerant and welcoming, whereas many Turks are vehemently opposed to Syrians, and the Turkish government does very little to help them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending