The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

War Studies BA Work Experience

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in my first year of sixth-form, I'm studying AS Maths, Physics, History and Government & Politics. I intend to apply for War Studies at KCL. At the moment I'm looking for the best ways to enhance my future application, hence I'm looking for possible work experience placements. I've contacted various organisations including the HO and FCO and also various security Think Tanks, but to no avail. I'm also considering seeing if I'm able to shadow an MP in their Westminster office.

Does anyone here have any ideas of possible places to apply to or any other tips to show my interest (other than reading and attending their taster course) in War Studies at KCL?

Many thanks
TangoWhisky
Reply 1
I never heard of a degree called war studies? what do you hope to do with it may i ask?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by chikane
I never heard of a degree called war studies? what do you hope to do with it may i ask?

This is the outline of the course, but you can vary it greatly with optional modules with anything from Persian warfare tactics to modern day counter terrorism strategies.
BA War Studies is a unique, long established programme focused on the key human challenge of war and conflict. Instead of adopting a single disciplinary perspective, students approach the issues from a variety of angles including politics, international relations, philosophy, sociology, history and strategic studies. This inherent multi-disciplinarity gives the breadth of perspectives needed for career success.
Original post by chikane

Study war? Pretty obvious giving its name.

Could lead to careers in think tanks, teaching, Armed Forces, peace movements, diplomacy etc etc.
Original post by chikane

Foreign Office / Diplomatic Corp / MI5 - be the next Harrison Ford?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest