The Student Room Group

MML at Cambridge – what are my chances?

I find out if I've managed to obtain an offer from Cambridge to study Modern and Medieval Languages (French and Spanish) in the next few days, and I honestly can't call it! I'm a state school student and I was wondering what other people's opinions might be about my chances.

My GCSEs:
4 A*s (French, Spanish, English language and English literature)
3 As
3 Bs
1 C

My AS levels:
Spanish A (97.5% UMS)
French A (95.5% UMS)
English language A (84.5% UMS)
Psychology A (81.5% UMS)

I feel as though I absolutely aced the admissions test. It couldn't have gone any better! So that is not my concern. My concern is directed towards the success of my interviews.

My French interview went very well and I was so happy! However, there was a blunder when I was unable to talk about the form of one of the poems I'd read.

My Spanish interview… dreadful! The Spanish text I had to discuss with them in Spanish, for which I'd had 20 minutes of preparation time, I was barely able to discuss. I had a total blank moment! It doesn't help that I suffer with anxiety, but unfortunately the interviewers aren't aware of that. The questions regarding one of the books I'd read were making me blank even more, so my answers were not very insightful. I was able to answer all the questions they asked but very averagely. If that had been my only interview I would have strongly doubted my chances.

All things considered, am I likely to obtain an offer? I'm so nervous!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply