The Student Room Group

What if I just miss my own conditions but meet the US ones?

I got a conditional offer for PPE at Regent's, and the condition 90% in each of my final examinations. I live in India. However, I've almost met the requirements for the US.
SAT score: 1st sitting-2220 2nd sitting:2290 Super:2340
Subject Tests: World History-720 Maths Level 2- 800
I can give more Subject Tests in which I could get 700+, they need only three with that score, and a SAT of 2100+, which I already have.
If I just miss my own requirements, and give another Subject Test and get more than 700, thus meeting the conditional requirements for US students, will they still withdraw my offer?
Will really appreciate any help, thank you.
They'll probably withdraw it, though it might help.

1) Offers can be different for others in the same country, so you might not get the standard.
2) US offers usually have something like 5 AP tests at grade 5 afaik.
Original post by PotatoFaceGlory
I got a conditional offer for PPE at Regent's, and the condition 90% in each of my final examinations. I live in India. However, I've almost met the requirements for the US.
SAT score: 1st sitting-2220 2nd sitting:2290 Super:2340
Subject Tests: World History-720 Maths Level 2- 800
I can give more Subject Tests in which I could get 700+, they need only three with that score, and a SAT of 2100+, which I already have.
If I just miss my own requirements, and give another Subject Test and get more than 700, thus meeting the conditional requirements for US students, will they still withdraw my offer?
Will really appreciate any help, thank you.

Your offer is personal to you- you have to assume that you should meet the conditions that you've been offered. Meeting the conditional requirements for US students won't guarantee you a place.That said, if you just miss your offer, admissions tutors may take into account your SAT results etc, and you may be more likely to get a place than you would otherwise.

If you intend to sit more subject tests for AP classes, you will need to let the uni know about these well in advance of getting the results. You can't only inform the uni of these if you get good results. Doing otherwise would be considered fraudulent, and could result in your offer being withdrawn.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending