The Student Room Group

What universities will accept CCC for law?

I am currently studying both AS and A2 government and politics. I have already achieved CCC grade a levels in history, English literature and Psychology. I'm now applying for Ucas and uni and was wondering what universities will accept CCC for law.
go to a better uni for a non-law subject then do law conversion. beats going to a crap uni for law
My friend got CCD I think and got into Law at Winchester.
Original post by Noodlzzz
My friend got CCD I think and got into Law at Winchester.

Polytechnics these days....
Original post by Charleenet
I am currently studying both AS and A2 government and politics. I have already achieved CCC grade a levels in history, English literature and Psychology. I'm now applying for Ucas and uni and was wondering what universities will accept CCC for law.

Type your qualifications into the Uni Match tool and see what comes up.
It might not be the best idea to go for any university that will take you with a subject like Law.
None worth going to for Law
Reply 7
Check Uni requirements. You may have to make up for it in other areas.
Original post by Charleenet

Assuming that in fact you achieve CCCC you want to pick "points" not "grades" universities because you will get most credit from your 4th A level. Obviously that is 320 points

Also pick universities with high acceptance rates. Somewhere that makes offers to say 85%-100% of applicants only turns down the real no-hopers who almost certainly do not meet the minimum points requirements. Somewhere that takes only 50% of applicants will be turning down applicants with the right number of points. With CCCC you don't really want to be compared with someone with BBCc because they will be preferred.

Aberystwyth is always a good bet. Very good law course. Wants 300 points. Student satisfaction low but there are accommodation problems.

Derby is surprisingly employable and has a high offer to applications ratio

Hallam is alright and again a high offer rate,

Plymouth is another one with a high offer rate,

Lincoln has a decent law school and is a very popular city

UWE is well thought of

Anglia Ruskin will give you three years in Cambridge (or Chelmsford if you are a masochist)

DMU

Quick Reply