The Student Room Group

help learning quotations for a level English Lit

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for picking and learning quotes for English Lit. I tried the post-it note thing a while back, but gave up because I just had way too many, and at the moment I have a small repertoire of quotes that I just seem to have absorbed rather than sat down and learnt. (I'm studying The Great Gatsby, A Streetcar Named Desire, Twelfth Night, the poetry of Christina Rossetti, and I'm on the OCR spec)
Reply 1
Try writing out on flashcards and do symbols for different theme etc? Then try and read them as much as possibly. Fialing that you could possibly just try writing them out loads and loads of times, that seems to work for me.
Reply 2
thanks, I'll try that :smile:
I also wrote the quotes out repeatedly until I could remember them! It can be time consuming but it really does seem to work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pick either themes or characters and try and remember 3 quotes for each. For example, if you were to choose Viola from Twelfth Night you would choose her 3 top quotes and keep re-writing them from memory until you get them 100% right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Could someone please help me with my english gcse coursework!?
What do you need help with?
I recorded myself saying them all and listened to it couple times a day. repeating after the recording and just generally reading that out loud! It definitely helps for when quotes are written in verse cause you can easily remember what the rhythm of it sounded like out loud. I also wrote them down a lot but that takes up a lot of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Mollyjedwardx
What do you need help with?
my speech and letter. i dont know if theyre A grade standard
Reply 9
Original post by honeydr
my speech and letter. i dont know if theyre A grade standard

Your teacher is paid to teach you, believe it or not. Why not just ask them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by alana_p
Your teacher is paid to teach you, believe it or not. Why not just ask them?

I wish I could but my teacher is lazy and said its against the rules for her to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending