The Student Room Group

Milo Yiannopoulos Unverified From Twitter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unkempt_One
Then Twitter should just suspend him. The tick is a certificate of authenticity, not a certificate of good behaviour. Twitter is behaving foolishly.

You may be right lol i dont twitter all i know is he has been proven to break the terms and conditions. To be fair its backfired on the outrage mob so all in all its a good thing i think.
Original post by GonvilleBromhead
You may be right lol i dont twitter all i know is he has been proven to break the terms and conditions. To be fair its backfired on the outrage mob so all in all its a good thing i think.

I read their policy on verification badges and it does mention they can be removed for violations of the ToS. Whether this policy makes any sense is another matter.
#JeSuisMilo
I'm a massive supporter of milo.
I think the fact he targets that person in the tweets can be interpreted as cyber bullying.
But then everything is when were all special snowflakes right.
Original post by Lawliettt
In all seriousness, he'll most likely have the verification back in a few weeks back. They have no legitimate reason to remove it. He probably just triggered a moody twitter worker

No he says some universally ****ed up stuff so hope he stays off he's an utter ****
Original post by keromedic
#JeSuisMilo

Haven't you seen some of the **** he puts up? He's an absolute dick. Forget whether he likes cock or not. You are a sweet guy wipe your eyes and wake up forget whether he gives you a boner or not.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Haven't you seen some of the **** he puts up? He's an absolute dick. Forget whether he likes cock or not. You are a sweet guy wipe your eyes and wake up forget whether he gives you a boner or not.

He's a funny guy who shares a lot of the views I have on certainly hings.

He's Cambridge educated and expresses himself eloquently.

[video="youtube;mfP7BqAtLEs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfP7BqAtLEs[/video]
He;s not been shot by some Islamic terrorist so you can stop with the pathetic JeSuisMilo crap.

Other than that I have no opinions...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by keromedic
He's a funny guy who shares a lot of the views I have on certainly hings.

He's Cambridge educated and expresses himself eloquently.

[video="youtube;mfP7BqAtLEs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfP7BqAtLEs[/video]

He once said he remembers the day he decided he would be gay... And that the reason he did was because he wanted to rebel against his parents. Sounds very childish. You get a lot of very academically bright idiots... Reason being? They just can! And mummy told them not to so they will!
Original post by Lawliettt
He probably just triggered a moody twitter worker

Probably a feminist too

Gotta love feminist butt hurt. Celebrating over the removal of a check mark.
Original post by Tubrug
Do you think this represents an attack on freedom of speech on Twitter

No, an attack on freedom of speech on Twitter would be if they got this guy dragged away and put into a prison cell for tweeting something they didn't like. You all need to stop stroking your dicks over the whole 'social justice warriors are eradicating freedom of speech' bull****, it makes you all look like whiny pussies.
Original post by driftawaay
No, an attack on freedom of speech on Twitter would be if they got this guy dragged away and put into a prison cell for tweeting something they didn't like. You all need to stop stroking your dicks over the whole 'social justice warriors are eradicating freedom of speech' bull****, it makes you all look like whiny pussies.

Add to this stop stroking your dicks over Milo Yiannopoulos. He loves it you silly fools this is all nothing more than a narcissitic conquest he doesn't give a **** about any of you he just loves to have an army of cock following him.
Add to this stop stroking your dicks over Milo Yiannopoulos. He loves it you silly fools this is all nothing more than a narcissitic conquest he doesn't give a **** about any of you he just loves to have an army of cock following him.

It's true, he does come across as being very fond of himself.
Reply 33

Stopping you from speaking your opinion is literally the definition of an attack on freedom of speech. If you get banned from Twitter, you can't do that, if you're in jail, you can't do that. They're both have the same effect, just to different degrees.
Reply 34

Believe it or not you can agree with someones opinion without stroking your dick over him and joining his 'army of cock'.
Original post by Tubrug
Stopping you from speaking your opinion is literally the definition of an attack on freedom of speech. If you get banned from Twitter, you can't do that, if you're in jail, you can't do that. They're both have the same effect, just to different degrees.

He didn't get banned from Twitter and nobody stopped him from speaking his opinion therefore your point is invalid. And no, getting banned from Twitter doesn't stop you from speaking your opinion, getting banned from -anywhere- doesn't stop you from speaking your opinion, nobody is required to give anybody a platform to say their opinion. You can go and shout your opinion from Trafalgar Square, as long as you aren't being thrown behind bars, nobody is attacking your freedom of speech.
Reply 36
He didn't get banned from Twitter and nobody stopped him from speaking his opinion therefore your point is invalid.

It was implied that if he continued to voice his opinions he would get banned.

And no, getting banned from Twitter doesn't stop you from speaking your opinion, getting banned from -anywhere- doesn't stop you from speaking your opinion, nobody is required to give anybody a platform to say their opinion. You can go and shout your opinion from Trafalgar Square, as long as you aren't being thrown behind bars, nobody is attacking your freedom of speech

You're right, you can speak freely at any time. You could give your opinion from inside a jail cell, it's just that no one would hear you. Being banned from Twitter would massively reduce your audience just as being thrown in a cell would.
Original post by Tubrug
It was implied that if he continued to voice his opinions he would get banned.

You're right, you can speak freely at any time. You could give your opinion from inside a jail cell, it's just that no one would hear you. Being banned from Twitter would massively reduce your audience just as being thrown in a cell would.

Oh yes, because being convincted of a criminal offence and being thrown in jail is the same as being banned from Twitter. You might as well compare having your TV show cancelled tantamount to being thrown in jail, after all your audience would massively reduce. Go away, fool.
Reply 38
Oh yes, because being convincted of a criminal offence and being thrown in jail is the same as being banned from Twitter. You might as well compare having your TV show cancelled tantamount to being thrown in jail, after all your audience would massively reduce. Go away, fool.

You're completely missing my point, I was saying they're both restrict your freedom of speech, just to different degrees.
Original post by Tubrug
You're completely missing my point, I was saying they're both restrict your freedom of speech, just to different degrees.

To entirely different degrees and they are not even remotely comparable. Once I told some idiot on this site to stop quoting me because I will no longer read his stupid comments and then he went on to say that I was attacking his right to freedom of speech by not listening to his lunacy. Nobody is required to listen to anybody's opinions. Seriously, nobody - aside from the state - has anything to do with anybody's freedom of speech.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending