The Student Room Group

Struggling

So i have been doing A levels for about 4 months now. Mocks are in February and exams in may. Do i have enough time to revise and pass? I'm studying philosophy psychology and soiology, i find psy the most difficult so have been focusing the little revision i do do on it, im doing okay in class but i feel like it will be easy compared to the mocks and real thing. I hate revising and feel like soon i will start struggling, do i have enough time and how can i get motivated to want to revise?
(edited 8 years ago)
Get help if you're stuck, that's what teachers are for
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Get help if you're stuck, that's what teachers are for

Thank you for your reply. I do want to talk to them but i am extremely shy and find it hard to talk to anyone haha. But i will try ty again for your help.
Original post by Yesteryears
So i have been doing A levels for about 4 months now. Mocks are in February and exams in may. Do i have enough time to revise and pass? I'm studying philosophy psychology and soiology, i find psy the most difficult so have been focusing the little revision i do do on it, im doing okay in class but i feel like it will be easy compared to the mocks and real thing. I hate revising and feel like soon i will start struggling, do i have enough time and how can i get motivated to want to revise?

Are you finished with the course? if you are then that's great! I think you'll have plenty of time to revise.. Just start off with the hard topics and leave the easy ones to revise later. Make sure you reward yourself, cause that motivates you to actually DO the revision. I have AS exams this week and my best friend ( who is in university) made me this jar of motivational quotes so that every time I don't feel like revising or studying I take a few out of the jar (which has PLENTY btw :smile: ) and just read it. I tend to over stress as well and I can kind of tell that you are a little too.. but learn to take deep breaths and speak positively to yourself.. tell yourself that you WILL DO GREAT!
I 'm pretty sure you'll be just fine :suith:

Good luck (early but everyone needs it all the time)
Reply 4
Original post by LaylaM99
Are you finished with the course? if you are then that's great! I think you'll have plenty of time to revise.. Just start off with the hard topics and leave the easy ones to revise later. Make sure you reward yourself, cause that motivates you to actually DO the revision. I have AS exams this week and my best friend ( who is in university) made me this jar of motivational quotes so that every time I don't feel like revising or studying I take a few out of the jar (which has PLENTY btw :smile: ) and just read it. I tend to over stress as well and I can kind of tell that you are a little too.. but learn to take deep breaths and speak positively to yourself.. tell yourself that you WILL DO GREAT!
I 'm pretty sure you'll be just fine :suith:

Good luck (early but everyone needs it all the time)

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond! And yeah i do think I'm a bit stressed at the momment haha, i'll take what you said into consideration and good luck with your exams 😊
Original post by Yesteryears
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond! And yeah i do think I'm a bit stressed at the momment haha, i'll take what you said into consideration and good luck with your exams 😊

I try :smile: & Thank you :tongue:
Just nail down what you're really scared of. Is it failure meaning you can't go to university to get the job you want? You can probably find a way of getting into the career another way, or doing A Levels later in life. Is it failure in general? Then make yourself terrified enough to revise. My friend never revises for mocks because she uses it to demonstrate to herself what it will feel like if she doesn't try for the real thing. You need to be honest with yourself.
Also, it's AS year. You're really fine. If you don't pass you just resit or choose other subjects that are perhaps a bit easier, for you.
Are you passionate about these subjects? It's hard to revise something you don't care about. Maybe it's worth just getting through this year, getting OK AS levels and then starting again with some subjects you are super interested in.
I know a guy with 8 AS levels from switching colleges because of more or less the same reason.
Just chill
Reply 7
Original post by YellowMood
Just nail down what you're really scared of. Is it failure meaning you can't go to university to get the job you want? You can probably find a way of getting into the career another way, or doing A Levels later in life. Is it failure in general? Then make yourself terrified enough to revise. My friend never revises for mocks because she uses it to demonstrate to herself what it will feel like if she doesn't try for the real thing. You need to be honest with yourself.
Also, it's AS year. You're really fine. If you don't pass you just resit or choose other subjects that are perhaps a bit easier, for you.
Are you passionate about these subjects? It's hard to revise something you don't care about. Maybe it's worth just getting through this year, getting OK AS levels and then starting again with some subjects you are super interested in.
I know a guy with 8 AS levels from switching colleges because of more or less the same reason.
Just chill

Thanks for your reply, a lot of what you said is very helpful. I dont really have an end goal and assume that's why I'm not very motivated. I will stay on until as and see how it goes, it's not the end of the world as you have pointed out haha.

Quick Reply

Latest