The Student Room Group

Cambridge "No-Hopers" 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Indeed - lol!

Spoiler

Interviewer felt it was the best sleep they'd had in a long time and were impressed :yep:

how dare he make my statement redundant
Original post by Jayd Shah
how dare he make my statement redundant

she*
Original post by jneill
Indeed - lol!

Spoiler

But if you could hypnotise an interviewer, why make them fall asleep? Why not make them give you a score of 10? :ahee:
Original post by Zacken
Very, very exception cases. A few Cambridge colleges categorically refuse to admit people under the age of 18 or who continue to be under the age of eighteen throughout the first term.

Which colleges refuse? :O I didn't even know that and if I apply I will be 17 for the whole of the first 2 terms.
Reply 85
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Which colleges refuse? :O I didn't even know that and if I apply I will be 17 for the whole of the first 2 terms.

You'd be best off emailing the university and asking for advice.
Original post by AnkitKapoor
Thank you :smile:

I remember running to the toilet before the test and freaking out, then coming out and seeing one of my interviewers right outside! The test went quite a bit worse not going to lie ...

Good luck to you though, your one of the people I feel has a solid chance of a place. :smile:

i don't have the slightest chance to be real, i just waffle alot about postcolonialism! my interviewer was about 3 feet taller than me so i remember really obviously looking up at her : - ) good luck to you - you'll surely get it!
Reply 87
Original post by Student403
But if you could hypnotise an interviewer, why make them fall asleep? Why not make them give you a score of 10? :ahee:

You do that while they are asleep...
Original post by jneill
You do that while they are asleep...
:rolleyes: Sir, you are much sneakier than meets the eye
Reply 89

Original post by Zacken
You'd be best off emailing the university and asking for advice.

Christ's and Peterhouse have given underage offers in the recent past. Probably others have too.

Original post by Student403
:rolleyes: Sir, you are much sneakier than meets the eye

:smile:
i don't have the slightest chance to be real, i just waffle alot about postcolonialism! my interviewer was about 3 feet taller than me so i remember really obviously looking up at her : - ) good luck to you - you'll surely get it!

When asked aboutnliterature and science I legitimately talked about READIING A TEXTBOOK AND READING A NOVEL.

Also, they were like, you must've heard of this writer?! I was like......erm.....No, but what's he called ill google him?

I was also asked about my favourite literary period and I just said ' still deciding that one'

Also unkept talking about critical essays I'd read and foun interesting, but had no thoughts myself.

I raised quite a few concerns...
When you try your best but you don't succeed...

Coldplay <3
Reply 92
Original post by jneill
Christ's and Peterhouse have given underage offers in the recent past. Probably others have too.

:smile:

"A few colleges", I didn't say all. It's best to ask and clarify prior to applying. :tongue:
Reply 93
Original post by Zacken
"A few colleges", I didn't say all. It's best to ask and clarify prior to applying. :tongue:

Yes - I'm agreeing :wink: - just giving a couple of colleges to start asking... (the uni will probably tell them they have to ask the colleges individually).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by jneill
Yes - I'm agreeing :wink: - just giving a couple of colleges to start asking...

Wouldn't it be best to email the. uh, whatsitcalled, the main university admissions office thing and then go from there? Or are all their replies "email a specific college, we cannot give you specific details, blah blah blah"? :lol:

Edit: saw your edit, nevermind. :tongue:
Original post by AnkitKapoor
When asked aboutnliterature and science I legitimately talked about READIING A TEXTBOOK AND READING A NOVEL.

Also, they were like, you must've heard of this writer?! I was like......erm.....No, but what's he called ill google him?

I was also asked about my favourite literary period and I just said ' still deciding that one'

Also unkept talking about critical essays I'd read and foun interesting, but had no thoughts myself.

I raised quite a few concerns...

what college have you applied to? i love finding english applicants here hahaah

omg i REALLY wanted a cambridge interview where they would talk about authors and stuff but the international one was soooo general.

she didn't mention anything close to critical texts so i just gave them written work in which i talked about the most interesting ones :-(

my "fave literary period" was really lame haha, i told her "postcolonial period" and she asked for a fave before the 20th century so i said "the Romantics" how ugly does that sound hahahaha
Original post by enaayrah
I'm kind of enjoying these last few hours because I can actually dream about studying in Cambridge. After Tuesday, I can't do that anymore because it'll no longer be possible :cry:

People get their Offeres in mysterious ways~
Maybe just the nod of the NAT~
That, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
-Duke Sheeran "Thinkin Out Loud"
Reply 97
xxx

Original post by Zacken
Wouldn't it be best to email the. uh, whatsitcalled, the main university admissions office thing and then go from there? Or are all their replies "email a specific college, we cannot give you specific details, blah blah blah"? :lol:

Edit: saw your edit, nevermind. :tongue:

Yep, I suspect for that sort of question they would defer to the individual colleges. But one could certainly start there just in case it saves emailing 28 colleges...

CAO : [email protected]
(edited 8 years ago)
what college have you applied to? i love finding english applicants here hahaah

omg i REALLY wanted a cambridge interview where they would talk about authors and stuff but the international one was soooo general.

she didn't mention anything close to critical texts so i just gave them written work in which i talked about the most interesting ones :-(

my "fave literary period" was really lame haha, i told her "postcolonial period" and she asked for a fave before the 20th century so i said "the Romantics" how ugly does that sound hahahaha

That sounds great? Just because the Romantics are popular doesn't mean you can't love them.

I applied to Trinity Hall!
Reply 99
Original post by jneill
Yep, I suspect for that sort of question they would defer to the individual colleges. But one could certainly start there just in case it saves emailing 28 colleges...

CAO : [email protected]

Whoo! Finally managed to rep you. That's for all the times I've said PRSOM to you in the past week or two. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending