The Student Room Group

These are my options,which one should i pick?

Hi
So basically i'm in a sticky predicament.

I have 2 offers from two colleges,however i applied to another one(King Edwards).The King Edward one requires 6 B's at GCSE(which i can easily get,plus i can get some teachers to raise it up.).

However one is my local sixth form.Average A level pass is D+.I have some friends there,its near my house,and i am on good terms with teachers.However,judging from 2014 A level tables(couldn't find 2015),it has a 0% AAB rate in facilitating subjects.
The second college is a college.It supposedly has a 98% pass rate(A*-E) however the average is a C-.Its slightly far from my house(2 buses).It has a 4% AAB pass rate for Facilitating subjects(i'm doing 2).However,there are many chavs there..And i hate that type of enviroment

The third school is King Edward(i can't disclose which one).It has a 17% AAB rate at facilitating subject.However,it is really far.However i think i can get the best grades there(in the other colleges,..err..there are some chavvy people)

So which one would be the best for me?
Original post by Blancosdos
Hi
So basically i'm in a sticky predicament.

I have 2 offers from two colleges,however i applied to another one(King Edwards).The King Edward one requires 6 B's at GCSE(which i can easily get,plus i can get some teachers to raise it up.).

However one is my local sixth form.Average A level pass is D+.I have some friends there,its near my house,and i am on good terms with teachers.However,judging from 2014 A level tables(couldn't find 2015),it has a 0% AAB rate in facilitating subjects.
The second college is a college.It supposedly has a 98% pass rate(A*-E) however the average is a C-.Its slightly far from my house(2 buses).It has a 4% AAB pass rate for Facilitating subjects(i'm doing 2).However,there are many chavs there..And i hate that type of enviroment

The third school is King Edward(i can't disclose which one).It has a 17% AAB rate at facilitating subject.However,it is really far.However i think i can get the best grades there(in the other colleges,..err..there are some chavvy people)

So which one would be the best for me?

If you think you could manage the journey, then go to King Edward's - how far away is it? (journey time?)
I chose to go to a good state school that's further away than all my local schools and I haven't regretted it - As long as you'll be able to cope with the amount of homework with the journey time - you should be fine.
It is possible to teach yourself a lot of the a levels - but it is very time consuming and you also need to be very motivated.
Reply 2
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
If you think you could manage the journey, then go to King Edward's - how far away is it? (journey time?)
I chose to go to a good state school that's further away than all my local schools and I haven't regretted it - As long as you'll be able to cope with the amount of homework with the journey time - you should be fine.
It is possible to teach yourself a lot of the a levels - but it is very time consuming and you also need to be very motivated.

About 1 hour 54 min.
About 1 hour 54 min.

That's long....
Reply 4
That's long....

How long was your journey?
Hmm i guess i'll be going at 7 and coming at 6 or something.idk.
How long was your journey?
Hmm i guess i'll be going at 7 and coming at 6 or something.idk.

A bit over an hour.
Though those timings aren't so bad.... I leave anywhere between 7-7:30 and can get back 6:30 if I have ECs.
If you went to King Edward's you'd probably be very tired....
Reply 6
A bit over an hour.
Though those timings aren't so bad.... I leave anywhere between 7-7:30 and can get back 6:30 if I have ECs.
If you went to King Edward's you'd probably be very tired....

What do you mean by this
What do you mean by this

After a two hour journey you will be tired. You might not have to walk a lot, but journeying physically exhausts you so you might find it harder to work in class and concentrate in homework.
It's up to you - It's sounds like KE's would be the best - but the journey seems quite long.
How would you get there?
Reply 8
Bus or Train(i prefer train)
After a two hour journey you will be tired. You might not have to walk a lot, but journeying physically exhausts you so you might find it harder to work in class and concentrate in homework.
It's up to you - It's sounds like KE's would be the best - but the journey seems quite long.
How would you get there?

Providing the trains are reliable, it will be less hassle and if the journey is long enough, you could start doing some easier/more simple homework on the train.
I am going to King Edwards this year hopefully (I've got accepted, I've just got to get the grades now) I'll have to travel a bit (about 1hr 20mins- for walking and catching the train), but not as long as you, it honestly depends on where you feel you want to go and if you feel you can get there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending