The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
~Sam~
5th July - anyone else going?

nah i went in march - are u applying to go in october 2005?
University of York
York
Reply 2
charlord
nah i went in march - are u applying to go in october 2005?

yup. Well, maybe. Depending on how much I like it when I visit
Yeah I'm going. What will you be looking at, and where else have you gone so far?

I'll be looking at History. Already seen LSE and Bristol.
Reply 4
I might go, I cant remember anything about the place from my visit in february..
Reply 5
imasillynarb
I might go, I cant remember anything about the place from my visit in february..

It was cold, windy and raining. (Probably.) :biggrin:
Reply 6
Tonight Matthew
Yeah I'm going. What will you be looking at, and where else have you gone so far?

I'll be looking at History. Already seen LSE and Bristol.

ive been offered a place to read history from york - its my first choice!! hopefully going in October 2004 if I get the grades (aab).

my brother is taking history at bristol too - any questions, just ask! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'll be looking at English. Already been to Cardiff, Nottingham, Exeter and Reading
Reply 8
i was just on the york site, and they have an 'application for booking on open days' or something, is this to actually get into the open day.. or could i just turn up tomorrow
I went today, I was in the 11.40 History talk. I really liked the place. I was also in the Economics talk at 12.30, despite having no interest in Economics (I just went there with my friend, rather than walking around alone).

The scary thing was that the guy who was giving the talk came up into the audience and started talking to a guy about a metre away from me.. if he'd have asked me "are you interested in doing Economics here?", I'd probably have to have been honest.. ".. no.".
Tonight Matthew
I went today, I was in the 11.40 History talk. I really liked the place. I was also in the Economics talk at 12.30, despite having no interest in Economics (I just went there with my friend, rather than walking around alone).

The scary thing was that the guy who was giving the talk came up into the audience and started talking to a guy about a metre away from me.. if he'd have asked me "are you interested in doing Economics here?", I'd probably have to have been honest.. ".. no.".

Absolutely, at Surrey I just went with some mates(I was vaguely interested in the uni) and I missed the Physics open day so went with them to Engineering. The women was talking to the people I was with then tried to have a subtle dig and said 'Youre quite quiet arent you, what course are you interested in?' I just said..'Not this one'

She wasnt pleased.
Reply 11
Tonight Matthew

hehe I looked around Nottingham, Durham, Cambridge, Bristol, Warwick, and York. Eventually I only got offers from Nottingham, Durham and York and chose York overall. I only got to go on two official open days: Nottingham and York and was far impressed by York over Nottingham personally. I also got an offer to go on the Durham open day but couldn't make it up. The two courses both appealed to me because of their broadness but in the end, Durham was just sooo small! the selling point seemed to be that Newcastle was 20 minutes away but Leeds is 20 minutes away from York anyway! :biggrin:
Ive still got Durham was my insurance (despite getting the same grade offer) just incase I suddenyl change my mind..which is unlikely!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending