The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham or Leicester?

I have been offed ABB to politics and IR at Nottingham, and I've been offered BBB for Politics and economics at Leicester.

So I have a hard decision to make, hence why i made an account and now asking you guys! Nottingham has a better reputation (Not because its better, just because how long its been around), Its bigger (City and uni, thats what i like!) and my girlfriend lives there. However IR doesn't sound that good nor does it sound that employable.

On the other hand Leicester economics sounds both good and employable! However the city if further away from home and my girlfriend. The city and uni are both smaller.

I love politics! But i want to be employable. Give me your thoughts please
Reply 1
I can't say which course is better, but living in Leicester I will say that the city is small and a bit dull in terms of nights out. I've applied to both and am leaning towards Nottingham.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Damien17
I have been offed ABB to politics and IR at Nottingham, and I've been offered BBB for Politics and economics at Leicester.

So I have a hard decision to make, hence why i made an account and now asking you guys! Nottingham has a better reputation (Not because its better, just because how long its been around), Its bigger (City and uni, thats what i like!) and my girlfriend lives there. However IR doesn't sound that good nor does it sound that employable.

On the other hand Leicester economics sounds both good and employable! However the city if further away from home and my girlfriend. The city and uni are both smaller.

I love politics! But i want to be employable. Give me your thoughts please

Having obtained a BA in Politics from Notts you are basically paying thousands of pounds to read IR texts from people like Said, Waltz, Wendt, Carr. Interesting but not worth the debt in my view.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending