University of Dundee

Dundee Primary PGDE 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thank you :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by scpdundee
The topics for the group discussion were how to create a positive classroom environment and then how to deal with barriers to learning. The interviewers each pick a topic so they may ask different questions to those but they are subject areas you could read up on and apply them to different questions.

With the talk no one had handouts and you arent asked any questions at the end, each person just does their 2 minute talk and then there was a short break before the group discussion.

Good Luck!

Thank you!

Do you think it would be ok to use cue cards for the talk, just in case you forget?
Original post by pdrumm758
Thank you!

Do you think it would be ok to use cue cards for the talk, just in case you forget?

Oh yeah sorry I meant people didnt have handouts to give out but most people had their talk in front of them or cue cards. I just printed mine out and read from it.
Sorry to bother you but when you say pictures what exactly do you mean?

Also, for the group lesson plan do you have to present it at the end as a group? Or do they just watch you as you do the task?

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pdrumm758
Sorry to bother you but when you say pictures what exactly do you mean?

Also, for the group lesson plan do you have to present it at the end as a group? Or do they just watch you as you do the tas

Thanks!

Hi, the pictures were flash cards of objects so you have a choice of which one your group picks. The interviewers are watching as you work in your group and then both groups present to the other at the end. Its fairly informal, i wouldnt worry about it.

When did yiu say your interview was?
Original post by scpdundee
Hi, the pictures were flash cards of objects so you have a choice of which one your group picks. The interviewers are watching as you work in your group and then both groups present to the other at the end. Its fairly informal, i wouldnt worry about it.

When did yiu say your interview was?

Ok thanks! So they're totally random objects?
My interview is on Wednesday 9th! Hope it goes ok. When was yours? 😁
Yeah one was a picture of the globe, another was some random pattern thing. There were 3 or 4 to choose from.

Mine was 11th Feb, so almost 4 weeks ago, horrible this not knowing! So many applicants compared to the number of spaces, I'm a bit worried! I have only applied to Dundee, have you applied to other uni's?
Reply 27
Original post by Cat2006
Hi
Just came across this page - I have my interview on 9th March.
Did you prepare any handouts for the talk or asked any questions afterwards?

Goodluck - hopefully you hear back soon

hey! was wondering what time on Wednesday have you got yours? also is there any one traveling from Ireland to the interview?
Mines is at 1! I'm travelling from Belfast to Edinburgh and then getting train to Dundee!
Reply 29
Original post by D.seery
hey! was wondering what time on Wednesday have you got yours? also is there any one traveling from Ireland to the interview?

Hey
I have mine at 1 on Wednesday also. I am pretty nervous about it tbh.
I have decided to stay overnight in Dundee before it :smile:
Good Luck :smile: !!
Reply 30
Hi
sorry quick question :smile:
did you have a 1 on 1 interview also
or was it just the 2 min talk
group discussion and the task :smile:
I have my interview on the 9th March as well at 9am! Hope everyone is as nervous as I am so I don't come across as the only scaredy cat haha. Good luck to everyone!
Reply 32
Original post by weeyin263
I have my interview on the 9th March as well at 9am! Hope everyone is as nervous as I am so I don't come across as the only scaredy cat haha. Good luck to everyone!

Goodluck :smile:
Hi, theres no one to one part, just group task, presentation then group discussion. I actually found it a lot less daunting than a one to one interview

Good luck for tomorrow for everyone, seriously dont be too nervous, its quite laid back and the interviewers are really nice and friendly.

Maybe you can ask when we will all hear back 😉 Still not heard anything 😯
Reply 34
Thank you :smile:
I will ask and let you know also :smile:
Reply 35
Hey
everyone should hear by the end of March
Goodluck
Original post by Cat2006
Hey
everyone should hear by the end of March
Goodluck

Thank you! How did it go?
Reply 37
Ok I think
I dont think you can ever guess these group assessments though

Fingers crossed though :smile:
Yeah thats how felt, it went OK but i felt everyone was good so I have no idea how they choose.

Oh well we just have to wait and see 😯
Good luck everyone! I had my interview in February and just heard someone at the same event got offered a place yesterday! I agree the everyone in my group was so good that I felt like the weakest link - no idea how they come to the decision.

Quick Reply

Latest