The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i also agree, i cant even get a job... tis gonna get worse and its all cause of this countirys rubbish govermet
Just done my first half shift selling conservatories.

Easy as hell as it looks like the top person in the whole company only got three call backs last week - most people got between zero and 2.

Really don't want to stay in this long. It doesn't even pay well though, which means I'll still be in to my small savings just to get by.
Reply 22
Roger Kirk
Just done my first half shift selling conservatories.

Easy as hell as it looks like the top person in the whole company only got three call backs last week - most people got between zero and 2.

Really don't want to stay in this long. It doesn't even pay well though, which means I'll still be in to my small savings just to get by.

At least its something though :smile: ! You never know, the experience you get may help you get other jobs further down the line.
Spunky
At least its something though :smile: ! You never know, the experience you get may help you get other jobs further down the line.

Yeah - but since nthing formal has been signed or anythign eyt, I might not even inlcude this as a job if I don't stay here long - sort of forget I ever did it and ignore it compeltely...
Reply 24
Roger Kirk
Yeah - but since nthing formal has been signed or anythign eyt, I might not even inlcude this as a job if I don't stay here long - sort of forget I ever did it and ignore it compeltely...

Ah okay, it might be useful however, say if you're applying for a sales position somewhere - though if you're not planning on working there for more than the short-term then it may be best to omit it.
Yeah.

It's quite funny. I didn't even have an itnerview nor did they ask fro any references. Easiest job to get I think...lol
Big dilema now....

...current working for double glazing cold calling people - only on my second day. Pay nott hat good, not much fun either.

Have an interview tomorrow for work in Currys-Digital.

Been offered work for all next week, half decent pay doing recption work for a mental health place.

What should I do. I've not been told any notice period for the current jo -gues I could just leave at any time....need tomorrw morning off for the interview. Friday would be taken up with prep for the reception work. I coul;d do with Saturday morning off too - shall I tell them this afternoon I don't want to do the job any more?
Reply 27
I worked for Curry's Digital for 5 months, I left last week. The job is not that bad, but I only worked one day a week but even then it was affecting my business.

The thing I hated most about it was the silly targets and the need to push warranties all the time.

Curry's will drive you mad long term unless you're a born and bread Dixon's boy.
AT82
I worked for Curry's Digital for 5 months, I left last week. The job is not that bad, but I only worked one day a week but even then it was affecting my business.

The thing I hated most about it was the silly targets and the need to push warranties all the time.

Curry's will drive you mad long term unless you're a born and bread Dixon's boy.

Ah, really?

I just want a jobto get by on that isn't too stress full. Probably only short term - hoepfully less than 5 months you spent there. But then I haven't even had the interview yet - might all go wrong.

We'll see.

Latest

Trending

Trending