The Student Room Group

Social Work Application

Has anyone heard back from RGU, Dundee, Stirling, Glasgow Caledonian or Edinburgh for the BA hons SOCIAL WORK degree???

I've had no offers yet I'm beginning to get worried, has anyone had any offers???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chicken999
Has anyone heard back from RGU, Dundee, Stirling, Glasgow Caledonian or Edinburgh for the BA hons SOCIAL WORK degree???

I've had no offers yet I'm beginning to get worried, has anyone had any offers???

I've not received any offers/interviews so far, although I was sent the stage 2 writing from Dundee. It's typically at least March before offers are given
Reply 2
Original post by amy_mccourt
I've not received any offers/interviews so far, although I was sent the stage 2 writing from Dundee. It's typically at least March before offers are given

Yeah that's exactly what I got too. I was just getting worried as some of my friends have had offers from like 4 universities(not for social work though) but I suppose this course is different. Do you have any idea when they start inviting us to interviews?? Thanks for your reply :smile:
Yeah that's exactly what I got too. I was just getting worried as some of my friends have had offers from like 4 universities(not for social work though) but I suppose this course is different. Do you have any idea when they start inviting us to interviews?? Thanks for your reply :smile:

How did you find the questions from Dundee? I think interviews last year were February/March time!
Reply 4
Yeah they were fine but found the case study kind of tricky. Wbu?:smile:
Yeah they were fine but found the case study kind of tricky. Wbu?:smile:

I thought it was alright, too. Are you a school leaver if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6

Heard back from stirling stage 2 written assessment to do, not heard from anywhere else though x
Has anyone heard back from dundee or caledonian??
I've heard back from RGU for a selection day next month, but not heard back from Stirling, Cale, Strathclyde or UWS. I only submitted my application last week though but already proper stressed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know how long dundee usually takes to reply back after you have completed stage 2?
Hey applied last year for social work, Dundee was the worst waited for ages to hear back they didn't make the deadline. The UWS was the first then Stirling gave up waiting on Dundee as Stirling was my first choice. Hope to see some of you at Stirling next year classes are brilliant there is only 23 in our year so we all really close. Stirling also offers a social work class from year one with placement some of the other universities don't.
Stirling is where I want to go, I just hope I hear back soon and get in!!
Original post by nattie226
Stirling is where I want to go, I just hope I hear back soon and get in!![/QUOte

Great fingers crossed for you, Stirling is amazing if you have any questions pm me i try my best to answer them. xxx
I just got an unsuccessful from Strathclyde because I 'will not meet the entry requirements' but I'm currently studying my HNC Social Science and have a years experience of working in Social Services, I'm majorly gutted!! I don't even care what uni I go to now, I just want someone to want me. I could cry :frown:((((
Don't stress too much a knock back from one doesn't mean you won't get in. I have a HNC and got knock but from strath. I did get in to Uws and SU, Stirling base a lot on written questions so just make sure you give them your all and try to reference if you can best to show off all you can
Thank u! I think I'm just stressing because I want this so bad, and of course I hate rejection!
Anyone heard from Cali about the selection day?
Reply 17
I have an group interview and exam for Cali on the 17th 😭
Original post by Emza1005
I have an group interview and exam for Cali on the 17th 😭

Im the same, for the 24th though! You got any ideas on what to expect?
Reply 19
Original post by nattie226
I've heard back from RGU for a selection day next month, but not heard back from Stirling, Cale, Strathclyde or UWS. I only submitted my application last week though but already proper stressed.

Hiya, just wondering if it's a group interview you've been asked to attend next month? I've got one next month too. What date is yours?😄

Quick Reply

Latest