The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Anybody applying to do PGCE this September?

Hello!!

Calling all prospective PGCE 2016 applicants. Is anyone doing PGCE Primary and Early Years?
Reply 1
Primary pe!! Where are you doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hello! Im stressing beyond belief here! I have an interview at UCB in Birmingham in 5 days time. They never do seem to give people enough time in my opinion. There will be literacy and numeracy test. Literacy i feel confident with as i have a former BA English degree. Its numeracy that im panicking over but im blitzing bitesize maths and have books!

Im currently going through CRB checks to get into a childrens centre/nursery and primary school so that will take a while. I do feel that some uni's dont understand the difficulties of even getting into a primary school. I have emailed loads and dont get a response. Ok i had two reply and practically tell me there are no places period from now until september which was a bit shocking. Ive also contacted nurseries but no joy from them either!

I went up to the childrens centre yesterday and was provided with forms and informatiom so i will be taking that with me to prove that its being sorted and shall be doing voluntary once im crb cleared

How can i prepare adequately in 5 days! I really do want to get on this course and become a primary/early years practitioner.

There is another person who has an interview on the same day at the same place and they are also panicking☺
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, Twinkletoes13; how did you get on with your interview at UCB? I have mine a week from Tuesday! I have applied for PGCE primary 5-11 years. Any advice/tips would be appreciated...
Original post by Jallen1984
Hi, Twinkletoes13; how did you get on with your interview at UCB? I have mine a week from Tuesday! I have applied for PGCE primary 5-11 years. Any advice/tips would be appreciated...

I hope your interview went well. If you have any questions about being a student here at UCB, just ask :smile:
Hello UCB,

Yes, my interview went really well thank-you. I have been given a conditional offer so just got to pass my skill's tests now. Im really looking forward to studying with UCB as it looks like a great place to be.☺
Hi, My PGCE interview was great, thanks. Everyone at UCB seemed very friendly & helpful and the whole day was really well structured. I'm looking forward to starting the course with UCB in September! :-)
Original post by Twinkletoes13
Hello UCB,

Yes, my interview went really well thank-you. I have been given a conditional offer so just got to pass my skill's tests now. Im really looking forward to studying with UCB as it looks like a great place to be.☺

Great. We look forward to seeing you at UCB in September. If you are interested in reading what our bloggers have to say about their experience as a UCB student, check them out here.
:smile:
Original post by Jallen1984
Hi, My PGCE interview was great, thanks. Everyone at UCB seemed very friendly & helpful and the whole day was really well structured. I'm looking forward to starting the course with UCB in September! :-)

Great. We look forward to seeing you at UCB in September. If you are interested in reading what our bloggers have to say about their experience as a UCB student, check them out here.
:smile:
Hiya!

That's so good it went well and I'm glad your looking forward to studying here, hopefully you love it as much as I do 😊 if you have any questions about Birmingham or life as a UCB student then let me no and ill do my best to answer them! I also have a blog where I post about experiences at UCB should you want more information - debbyatucb.wordpress.com

Look forward to September and good luck with everything else!

Debby 😊
Hello everyone, who is going to University College this September to do Primary/Early Years PGCE? Im Sarra by the way. :smile:
Reply 11
Hi, with the numeracy test .. how would you say the level of questions were.. was the test as hard as the professional skills numeracy tests?? Or more basic .. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending