The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

I think the reason they said 4-6 weeks to find out the results is that they probably want as many people as possible to do the online tests, and then decide who to invite to the assessment centre's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey just did the online tests
absolotley gutted the timing was so quick! 6 minuts!
i managed to answer half the questions panicked at the end
do u think i even have a chance
Original post by jampot98
After completing the online tests, it says you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to find out about the results!!! That is a bit ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey
How did you find the tests? I did mine and only managed to complete about 60% :frown:
Absoloutley gutted
Original post by star80
hey just did the online tests
absolotley gutted the timing was so quick! 6 minuts!
i managed to answer half the questions panicked at the end
do u think i even have a chance

Yh the questions are so simple, but there are so many! Its impossible to do all of them within 6 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Finished the 2 online tests and found them reasonable. Then again its the next stage I always find hard and struggle with.
Yh the questions are so simple, but there are so many! Its impossible to do all of them within 6 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you manage to answer them all?
Original post by star80
Did you manage to answer them all?

No, I got through most of them though

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I got through most of them though

Posted from TSR Mobile

do u think ill get invited to the interview?
Reply 48
Original post by star80
do u think ill get invited to the interview?

we have 2 more online tests to go
6 minutes is a ridiculous time, especially for the maths one. I worked out that you have to average 10 seconds per question on the English ones and 15 seconds for the Maths ones. I did more than half on both but didn't rush into answering incorrectly, so I'm afraid that I've ruined my chances already, even if I feel comfortable with how I did on the un-timed sections :frown:
I've not done them yet (how are they anyway? If the sample questions are anything like the ones last year it won't be lots of percentage based ones and I'm sure it said not to use a calculator and that you may possibly be retested at the assessment centre, can't see any of that this year thankfully) but re the 6 mins ones, I'm going to go for correct answers rather than just rushing through them and clicking random answers near the end, 6 mins is a very small amount of time though and it's got me slightly nervous about them already!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the insight, Dazman. Got the invite for the tests around 16:00.

Original post by sdotd

Are they sent one by one? I haven't checked them yet.
Reply 52
Original post by 100sunstilwepart
Thanks for the insight, Dazman. Got the invite for the tests around 16:00.

Are they sent one by one? I haven't checked them yet.

Im not too sure, will have to wait and see
Original post by sdotd

2 more tests? I have already done the numerical and verbal kind of failed badly. only managed to get through half each.
Reply 54
Original post by star80
2 more tests? I have already done the numerical and verbal kind of failed badly. only managed to get through half each.

Yh 4 online tests all together
Original post by sdotd
Yh 4 online tests all together

Yeah done them, didnt reallythink as much about them , is it like 50/50 with them and the othets
Seems like the deadline for applications is mid april, so they're probably gonna invite people to assessment centre's after that

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Just completed the tests, would recommend trying to time the appropriate amount for each section, I.e give yourself 10 seconds for each verbal and 15 for each mathematical. I found the earlier questions were a great way to build up a little bit of extra time which was much needed towards the end. Best of luck with it chaps, hopefully we won't have to wait long for the results.
Hey everyone, I submitted my online tests last night. The numerical and verbal reasoning proved challenging to complete in 6 minutes, maybe it's because I'm slow, but I felt I was accurate in answering the majority of them. The Competancy questionnaire seemed to me like they were purposefully trying to see continuity in your answers, as they just seemed to be reworded. Anyway good luck everybody, hopefully many of you will be invited to the Assessment Centre, for me personally I think this is where my strengths will show.

Connor
Reply 59
Original post by connmalo
Hey everyone, I submitted my online tests last night. The numerical and verbal reasoning proved challenging to complete in 6 minutes, maybe it's because I'm slow, but I felt I was accurate in answering the majority of them. The Competancy questionnaire seemed to me like they were purposefully trying to see continuity in your answers, as they just seemed to be reworded. Anyway good luck everybody, hopefully many of you will be invited to the Assessment Centre, for me personally I think this is where my strengths will show.

Connor

I only had the verbal and maths tests sent to me and not the others. Were they sent at the same time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending