The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2016

I know many people are still waiting to be placed from last years recruitment campaign, but it looks like they'll be starting the recruitment process again soon (March time), found some new pages that were posted on .gov.uk yesterday for anyone who's interested
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/civil-service-fast-track-apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

I hope to apply but have no idea how it works, i was hoping for a customer facing role.
Reply 2
Original post by star80
I hope to apply but have no idea how it works, i was hoping for a customer facing role.

I believe there are some customer facing roles within FastTrack, but I don't think applicants get much say over the roles they're appointed to. I believe you can preference which scheme(s) you'd rather undertake, but then it will be down to the recruitment team to place you where your scores indicate you might be best suited.
Reply 3
I am thinking of applying for the business based. I have 5 GCSEs C I don't have experience in business administration I do speak 3 languages. What are my chances of being accepted. I've heard last year there was only like 450 positions and about 8000 applicant applied. Will they take applicants with more qualifications then the ones with GCSEs. Btw I am 25 lol am I too old ?
Reply 4
I was considering applying but i'm not sure.
I'm 16 and supposed to start 6 form or college in September and do A-Levels

I'm not sure if i should do A-Levels for 2 years and then apply for the Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme
or completely skip college and go onto doing the Apprenticeship scheme?

Also, does anyone know what the assessment centre involves?
Original post by Wacky01
I was considering applying but i'm not sure.
I'm 16 and supposed to start 6 form or college in September and do A-Levels

I'm not sure if i should do A-Levels for 2 years and then apply for the Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme
or completely skip college and go onto doing the Apprenticeship scheme?

Also, does anyone know what the assessment centre involves?

It's true that you could do an advanced apprenticeship straight away, but there is no rush. Suppose you truely not enjoying yourself at sixth-form, then go to an apprenticeship.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi,

Does anyone know long the apprenticeship lasts? So does it last a year or two years etc..?

Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by j4mielee
Hi,

Does anyone know long the apprenticeship lasts? So does it last a year or two years etc..?

Thanks

The Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme lasts 2 years

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/civil-service-fast-track-apprenticeship-fast-track-schemes
^^
It says in the website that it is a 2 year level 4 apprenticeship scheme
Reply 8
Original post by Tinglay
Strongly urge you to complete your A-Levels. It's true that you could do an advanced apprenticeship straight away, but there is no rush. Suppose you truely not enjoying yourself at sixth-form, then go to an apprenticeship.

Thank you, i think i may take your advice and complete my A-Levels first. If i still want to do it after that, then i'll apply!

Good luck to anyone who is applying this year anyway! I'm sure you'll all succeed and do great :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Wacky01
Thank you, i think i may take your advice and complete my A-Levels first. If i still want to do it after that, then i'll apply!

Good luck to anyone who is applying this year anyway! I'm sure you'll all succeed and do great :smile:

Apply you have nothing to lose, you don't have to accept your offer. Plus a level 4 qualification is higher then A-Levels!

Original post by mjp73
I believe there are some customer facing roles within FastTrack, but I don't think applicants get much say over the roles they're appointed to. I believe you can preference which scheme(s) you'd rather undertake, but then it will be down to the recruitment team to place you where your scores indicate you might be best suited.

Apprentices can be placed in Job Centres, have customer facing telephone roles but most won't be customer facing.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am unsure of whether to go to university or do the fast track apprenticeship (if i get in)? I have an offer for Accounting and Finance at Exeter.
Im on this scheme now, cohort 3, and highly recommend!. Dont get me wrong, the process from application to being in the job was the worst. No communication and left in the dark for weeks. However, once through that it all fits together. Where i am working there is always the option to do a Masters in future years and they pay for it! In my opinion this is such a good scheme which is thought so highly by everyone- definietly worth applying.
I applied for this scheme last year. I can say it's difficult, but very worthwhile. I wasn't successful (probably due to a shameful interview that I gave). As with the Civil Service Recruitment campaigns (for anything) you'll be waiting for ages without hearing from them. It seems to be a trait with them for anything really!

But yes, I'd highly recommend people apply! Don't be put off by your age, background or anything - if you meet the requirements for qualifications and nationality - then you've nothing to lose :smile:
Has anyone applied for the scheme this year? I've applied for two business administration positions and I'm just waiting to hear back now. Hopefully something will come up!
Also, is there anyone on here who has been an apprentice with the Civil Service? I've read that once you complete an Fast Track Apprenticeship you then become eligible for the Fast Stream Apprenticeship? I want to go into HR and currently have a University offer to study Business but the whole apprenticeship system sounds a little bit better to me.
Hey everyone, I thought the application process didn't start till March? I've had a look on the website and can't see an option to apply as of yet.
Reply 15
Original post by alexfitzy
Has anyone applied for the scheme this year? I've applied for two business administration positions and I'm just waiting to hear back now. Hopefully something will come up!
Also, is there anyone on here who has been an apprentice with the Civil Service? I've read that once you complete an Fast Track Apprenticeship you then become eligible for the Fast Stream Apprenticeship? I want to go into HR and currently have a University offer to study Business but the whole apprenticeship system sounds a little bit better to me.

Hi Alex

No one has applied for the Apprenticeship in 2016, the applications for this year have not opened yet. Keep an eye out as it will open this month!

You'll be able to apply for the following without a degree after completing the apprenticeship:

Central Departments
Finance
Digital and Technology
Commercial
Project Delivery

Original post by Dazman0106
Hey everyone, I thought the application process didn't start till March? I've had a look on the website and can't see an option to apply as of yet.

Keep your eyes on the website, it will open soon!
Reply 16
Original post by MrBuck
Hi Alex

No one has applied for the Apprenticeship in 2016, the applications for this year have not opened yet. Keep an eye out as it will open this month!

You'll be able to apply for the following without a degree after completing the apprenticeship:

Central Departments
Finance
Digital and Technology
Commercial
Project Delivery

Keep your eyes on the website, it will open soon!

They announced on Friday that they'd start taking applications this week.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/civil-service-fast-track-apprenticeship-open-for-applications-in-march-2016
Reply 17
And it looks like they're now taking applications - here's the link https://www.apply-civil-service-apprenticeship.service.gov.uk/csr-fast-track/signin

Good luck everyone!
Original post by mjp73
And it looks like they're now taking applications - here's the link https://www.apply-civil-service-apprenticeship.service.gov.uk/csr-fast-track/signin

Good luck everyone!

Had the email this afternoon, already applied and just waiting on the online tests :smile:
Anyone else on here applied yet? I applied on the first day, had an email about being sent tests but haven't had anything yet. Just wondering if anyone has done the tests or are they sending them all out together? Also, when is the closing date? I've heard its the 16th but I'm not entirely sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending