The Student Room Group

Ten Reasons to Stand up to Islamophobia and The 'War on Terror': My Response

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Gonna have to put this to the test the next time I'm in Brum (should have been today but alas fate had other ideas) :sad:

Good luck getting people to say hi like they do in the north :wink: less people than London give me weird looks if I smile or talk on public transport but more people than at home find it weird lmao

Also I miss Birmingham loads </3
>implying that legitimate, valid criticisms of a corrosive religion is somehow a phobia
Original post by Foo.mp3
..and then? :innocent:

Then one of their leaders gets weak-willed, betrays the cause, and ruins everything.

But now the empire is back, in a new form.
Islam is a peaceful religion. 1.6 billion people in the world are Muslim if this religion imposed terror and said that Muslims should kill the population would be significantly less and also just because a minority of islam is doing it doesnt mean you can generalize it and think that Islam is a terrorist religion. The charlie hebdo attacks, brussels bombings are very appalling but this is a minority of muslim. 0.003%(of muslim population) to be exact :wink:
Original post by AyeshaKhan
Islam is a peaceful religion.

The truth is that the vast majority of Moslems are relatively peaceful despite Islamic scripture, which is inherently warlike and aggressive. Unfortunately a very significant minority (and in some countries, a majority) subscribe to Islam's barbaric attitudes to homosexuality, women, laws on sexual "sins" like adultery and apostasy, and take advantage of the Islamic condoning of domestic abuse and slavery.
Original post by Good bloke
The truth is that the vast majority of Moslems are relatively peaceful despite Islamic scripture, which is inherently warlike and aggressive. Unfortunately a very significant minority (and in some countries, a majority) subscribe to Islam's barbaric attitudes to homosexuality, women, laws on sexual "sins" like adultery and apostasy, and take advantage of the Islamic condoning of domestic abuse and slavery.

Thanks for your reply. But the reason why muslims are so peaceful is because they follow the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) . Please consider the time this was written. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) were getting attacked by polytheists of Makkah (Mecca). Let's look at Surah 2 Verse 216:

Fighting is precribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you but God knoweth and ye know not.

Many people have cherrypicked this out of context and just mention 'fighting is prescribed for you'. One cannot be presumptious about this unless they have read the verses before and after a certain passage that one deems to encourage violence

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Not in the least. It is an apologia.

Read Koran 5:33 to see what happens to those who disagree with Islam.

' the selfish soul of the other led him to the murder of his brother: he murdered Him and became himself one of the lost ones'

this one??

no it is not an apologia I am a muslim so I am clarifying what the verse means.
' the selfish soul of the other led him to the murder of his brother: he murdered Him and became himself one of the lost ones'

this one??

Yup. It describes how your deity's attitude to killing has changed, and how those who do not believe or refuse to follow his rules are now targets.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) were getting attacked by polytheists of Makkah (Mecca).

I don't suppose you have considered that they responded to Mohammed's attacks on them and his attempts to get them to abandon their worship of their own gods?
Yup. It describes how your deity's attitude to killing has changed, and how those who do not believe or refuse to follow his rules are now targets.

Yes, this is talking about Caine who killed his brother. This was the first murder and this is talking about how this murder was a precursor and murders that came after. Please can you let me know where you get your definitions from?

Thanks
Mohammed's attacks on them and his attempts to get them to abandon their worship of their own gods?

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was telling them of the revelation and telling them about Allah and Islam.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was telling them of the revelation and telling them about Allah and Islam.
Allah and Islam were imposed with violence on the Arab idolaters and polytheists.

They didn't even receive the option to remain and pay jizyah (like Christians and Jews did, at least initially) : their temples were destroyed, or taken over by Muslims, their statues and idols shattered

In any case, even Christians and Jews were eventually expelled from Arabia (as per the famous hadith : "let there be no two religions in the peninsula of Arabia")

best
(edited 8 years ago)

It was a bit more than telling, wasn't it? It, after all, involved the use of weapons, the taking of prisoners and the enslaving of captured people.
It was a bit more than telling, wasn't it? It, after all, involved the use of weapons, the taking of prisoners and the enslaving of captured people.

Lol, no it wasn't do you mind showing me some proof. You seem so sure of yourself! :u:
Lol, no it wasn't do you mind showing me some proof. You seem so sure of yourself! :u:

You haven't read the Koran, then?
You haven't read the Koran, then?

Yes I have, so please show me the passages
Yes I have, so please show me the passages

There are many passages in Islamic scriptures that refer to Mohammed and his troops being ordered by your god to attack people, to them killing people, and to them taking slaves from among his polytheistic enemies. Surely you aren't going to deny that?

Start with 4:91, 8:13-14, 8:60, 9:14, 33:60 in the Koran and Al Bukhari volume1:35 and 4:196.
Original post by mariachi
Allah and Islam were imposed with violence on the Arab idolaters and polytheists.

They didn't even receive the option to remain and pay jizyah (like Christians and Jews did, at least initially) : their temples were destroyed, or taken over by Muslims, their statues and idols shattered

In any case, even Christians and Jews were eventually expelled from Arabia (as per the famous hadith : "let there be no two religions in the peninsula of Arabia")

best

Ouch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending