The Student Room Group

If you could change one thing about society..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by San pellegrino
We should stop importing Muslims

What a charmer you are :rolleyes:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Careful, you might find hundreds of thousands of supposedly pro-free speech Guardianistas signing a petition to have you banned from the UK! :curious:

Nah, just a heavy does of ire from this (not supposedly) pro-free speech Guardianista.
Original post by Foo.mp3
That's top of the list for you? :erm:

Uh huh. Watch these two videos and you'll see why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K36Zu0pA4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE5Hu4DCbkQ
Original post by abruiseonthesky
What a charmer you are :rolleyes:

You could always challenge his view

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
That's top of the list for you? :erm:

Did you give 'em a goosey?
The way everyone judges everyone.

What do you mean by this? Is there a correct way to judge people (that everyone should follow)?
Original post by paul514
You could always challenge his view

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt someone who compares Muslims to, like, imported cheeses is going to change his mind any time soon.
Original post by RivalPlayer
What do you mean by this? Is there a correct way to judge people (that everyone should follow)?

I suppose I didn't really word that too well. I didn't mean the manner in which they do it, I mean how people judge others on stupid things e.g. a woman by the amount of makeup she's wearing, whether someone's had sex or not, stuff like that which for some reason dictates a person's worth.
Reply 48
Less religion based conflicts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Less religion based conflicts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. It's pretty upsetting thinking about how much potential peace there could be in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt someone who compares Muslims to, like, imported cheeses is going to change his mind any time soon.

Perhaps but discourse is the order of the day the more people's views are allowed to be expressed without outright distain and challenged by your own the more the debate progresses and therefore a collective view from society on issues.

Make no mistake there are a lot of people out there who do no feel their views are allowed to be aired and debated and the majority of these people aren't the left wing it's the centre and right of political views.

The longer this goes on the more resentment will build until it blows one day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing.. absolutely nothing..

It will change when it is ready to change..
In the meantime, sarcasm is a man's best friend in this sad sick world..
Reply 52
Original post by Matrix123
I agree. It's pretty upsetting thinking about how much potential peace there could be in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd stop hate. Hate is what ruins us as a human nation, hate starts wars and hate kills innocent people.
Original post by Craig1998
I'd stop hate. Hate is what ruins us as a human nation, hate starts wars and hate kills innocent people.

I agree, but how do you know what love is in the absence of hate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
I agree, but how do you know what love is in the absence of hate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't quite know what you mean. It would just be to stop the slaughter of thousands by IS in Syria, to stop the terror threat in cities like Paris and London and to stop innocent muslims being blamed for their actions. It would be to stop groups like the KKK and the repurcussions of racism against whites. It would be to stop crimes like murder and rape.

It would be there to stop bad news appearing everytime you switched on the news. Society gets ruined through hate and it's horrible to see people dying on such a regular basis.
get
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Implication
It is views of precisely this kind that I'd like to change. It seems little more than moral cowardice. Your argument is based on the extraordinarily shaky assumption that all values are 'equal', and some values are not better than others. Personally, I care about what happens in other countries because I actually care about the suffering of other people, and indeed it does bother me that some people's values do not seem to take this into account. I think that some values are bad - or at least worse than others - and so I would like them to be changed.

Simply saying 'it's just their culture' and turning away from the REAL suffering and torment of others simply because they are from a different country is despicable.

There is a difference between values vs violence, and lack of human rights.
Ex : Stoning a woman to death for cheating vs naked people
Ex : Hanging a gay man for being gay vs not liking homosexuality and the promotion of a "traditional" marriage

I noticed a lot that if one country doesn't have the great UK/USA traditional values some people or the people who jump on the bandwagon to hate on a country that literally know nothing about will say some pretty ignorant and disrespectful stuff.

"That's why no one likes x. X is a disgrace! I hope the prez of X gets killed."
(edited 8 years ago)
I would change societies obsession with celebrity and social media, particularly instagram.
Reply 59
Revert back to monoculturalism.

Quick Reply

Latest