The Student Room Group

If you could change one thing about society..

..what would it be, how would you change it, and why?

Scroll to see replies

Radical Islam,completely banish it
Drinking culture in this country
Services for British people first and migrants second
Stop Syrian refugees coming in
What of a government are we if we are bombing Syria and yet can't take care of our own country.
Original post by German123
What of a government are we if we are bombing Syria and yet can't take care of our own country.

We care more about foreigners than Brits smh
[QUOTE="Foo.mp3;61941549"]75% of Muslims believe there’s only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran | Source
45% of Muslims believe Western Civilisation is out to destroy Islam | Source
36% of young British Muslims think apostates should be killed | Source
28% of British Muslims hope the UK will become a religious fundamentalist Islamic state | Source

66% of Muslims believe that religious law is more important than the law of the land in which they live | Source
40% of Muslims want Sharia Law introduced in the UK | Source
78% of British Muslims support punishment for those who publish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed | Source
75% of young Muslims want women to wear the veil (or at least hijab) | Source
68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of British people who insult Islam | Source
62% of British Muslims believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups | Source

42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified | Source
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified | Source
32% of young Muslims in Britain believe that killing is justified if done to protect religion | Source
24% of British Muslims agree/tend to agree that the 7/7 bombings were justified | Source
7% of British Muslims support suicide bombing in Britain | Source

3% found relations outside of marriage morally justifiable | Source
0% of British Muslims find homosexuality acceptable | Source
60% of Muslims would reject homosexuals as friends | Source
45% of Muslims think Jews can’t be trusted | Source

Notes

1) I am only posting these figures in standalone format in this thread as TSR's system keeps having a mare when I try to include them in a larger post

2) I am part motivated by concern for, as well as concern about, Muslims in the West, and do not hate anyone, nor wish to encourage hysteria or hatred of any kind. It is important that we are aware of this issue, difficult as it may be for some to swallow/tempting as it may be to suppress such information

3) Taking a dichotomous view on what should be done about these malevolent themes is unhelpful. It is neither solely up to Muslims, nor the rest of society, to tackle related issues - everyone in society must do their best to Islamophilia, Islamism, Islamification, and Islamophobia, jointly, and in a concerted and sustained manner. Nothing less will bring about a stable, lasting resolution to The Crisis of Islam in the West (and yes, it may sound alarmist, but we are patently facing just such a crisis)

We should stop importing Muslims
If I could change just one thing, it'd definitely be meat consumption.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't dislike people who eat meat. I just hate the practice.
Freddo's back down to 10p or 15 at a push, srs it's criminal how I've seen 40p Freddo's, it's just a ****ty bit of chocolate worth about 20p at a push. **** Kraft.
Stop Islamophobia
Reply 8
Eradicate absolute poverty because DUH!
I wanted to change the world

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

Author: unknown monk around 1100 AD

So the answer is... I just want to change myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
..what would it be, how would you change it, and why?

Get rid of the need to be a wage slave.

Spending your life, week in week out, chained to a desk, is no life at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eliminate mobile technology.
People would start looking up and noticing the natural world around them instead of fondling a piece of glass.
Reply 12
Original post by somemightsay888
Freddo's back down to 10p or 15 at a push, srs it's criminal how I've seen 40p Freddo's, it's just a ****ty bit of chocolate worth about 20p at a push. **** Kraft.

Omg I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday!! They used to be 10 frigging p! 10p!!!! It's ludicrous!!
Reply 13
Hatred.

I would change hatred.
Reply 14
Original post by San pellegrino
We care more about foreigners than Brits smh

At the risk of starting a whole other argument, what makes one person more important than another, regardless of what country they happen to be from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Completely eradicating all X factor type music, including anything with a voice box.

That and a sugar tax :biggrin:
Original post by Nat9393
At the risk of starting a whole other argument, what makes one person more important than another, regardless of what country they happen to be from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well importance is surely subjective, but could you argue that some people are not more important to others? Is somebody in Australia as important to you as your mum?
Reply 17
I'll find a way to stop people living their life based as if they were the protagonist in the game/ story of life and to realise that other people are living a life just as vivid and real as they are, and hopefully that will make them more considerate in terms of what they say or do to others.

There's no way to actually do this, people say things like "treat people how you want to be treated" and "others have feelings too" and "put yourself in their shoes" but they don't actually THINK about the MEANING of these phrases. Seems as though everyone feels this life is theirs and the people in their life are here to help THEM get to the other side, like each person they know has a role to play in THEIR life - maybe not intentionally but most people act as though they do, putting labels on people that surround them etc., they may be selfless and charitable people but they still give to charity BECAUSE this will help them get somewhere, or this is something they have to do in order to fulfil the criteria of a good person - you can sense that they're not fully there.

They don't realise that every passer-by they brush past in the train station, glance at on the way to work, see in the background behind a news reporter are all people who lived before they existed to you, and to them you play the role of the random person going about their business in the bus, or the random couple at the back of the coffee shop - and nothing else. And I feel like these people are missing out.

I don't know how I'd get people to realise this though X'D
If I could change one thing about society, i.e. the hearts and minds of all the people within a culture, I would alter the perception that race mixing is not generational suicide.

Here's an interesting quote from an article on organ and tissue donation. "A match between two people who share more genetically in common significantly reduces the risk of donor and recipient cells attacking each other. For that reason, multiracial patients often have trouble finding a donor. For example, A WHITE MOTHER OF A MIXED RACE CHILD WILL HAVE MORE GENETICALLY IN COMMON WITH EVERY RANDOM WHITE STRANGER ON THE STREET THAN HER OWN CHILD. If such a dramatic and fundamental alienation from your own parents isn't horrific enough, for a mixed race child with leukemia, every member of the child's family will be an incompatible donor."

Your great-grandchild will literally be less like you than any random white kid you happen to see. This mentality would have ripple effects that would make a lot of the cultural issues in this country and Europe as a whole go away.
Reply 19
Original post by Foo.mp3
75% of Muslims believe there’s only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran | Source
45% of Muslims believe Western Civilisation is out to destroy Islam | Source
36% of young British Muslims think apostates should be killed | Source
28% of British Muslims hope the UK will become a religious fundamentalist Islamic state | Source

66% of Muslims believe that religious law is more important than the law of the land in which they live | Source
40% of Muslims want Sharia Law introduced in the UK | Source
78% of British Muslims support punishment for those who publish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed | Source
75% of young Muslims want women to wear the veil (or at least hijab) | Source
68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of British people who insult Islam | Source
62% of British Muslims believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups | Source

42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified | Source
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified | Source
32% of young Muslims in Britain believe that killing is justified if done to protect religion | Source
24% of British Muslims agree/tend to agree that the 7/7 bombings were justified | Source
7% of British Muslims support suicide bombing in Britain | Source

3% found relations outside of marriage morally justifiable | Source
0% of British Muslims find homosexuality acceptable | Source
60% of Muslims would reject homosexuals as friends | Source
45% of Muslims think Jews can’t be trusted | Source

you use "of muslims" as if you are talking about all british muslims/ all muslims.

i sure as hell didnt participate in whatever questionnaire etc lead them to these results and neither did anyone I know, so percentages of how many muslims are included in this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending