The Student Room Group

Cambridge Rejects 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vodka
To everyone who got rejected this year, do not despair. Hope is never lost and if you do think you have the quality to be a Cambridge student, you can always reapply next year. Take it from me, I got rejected last year and reapplied this year. I now got an offer! Like everyone who got rejected,I remembered being dissappointed and angry at the same time. But I quickly moved on and focused on my A-level instead which is the most important thing. I got all A*s.

On October 2015, I took a big step and reapplied to Cambridge. Second time applying, I felt more confident; I knew what to expect for my interviews since I've done them before and had more time to prepare for it during my gap year. Even though it has been a roller coaster ride, I am glad I have reapplied. Moreover, I am glad I got rejected the first time round. Now on my gap year, I can do the things I always wanted to do such as travelling and learning a new language, before committing myself to six years of medical school.

My advice to all of you is that if you managed to get the grades, do consider reapplying to Cambridge or even Oxford for 2017. It will be difficult going through the whole ordeal of the application again, but it will be worth it. :smile: Best of luck to everyone!!

Hey - do you feel awks bc you're now older than everybody, that's one of my reservations about taking a gapyah bc I don't want to feel like I've been left behind by my peers.

- SM
Original post by suzylemonade
Hey - do you feel awks bc you're now older than everybody, that's one of my reservations about taking a gapyah bc I don't want to feel like I've been left behind by my peers.

- SM

There're many who started a year or so later than peers after a gap year. No need to feel awkward at all. :wink:
Reply 62
I found out via track. Don't know whether to ask if I will get a letter or not or ask for feedback.
Reply 63
Folks, the @Christ's Admissions tutor is running a thread asking for feedback about the application process.

Join in here (your thoughts and experiences will make a difference for future applicants).http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3827715
Reply 64

- SM

What vincrows has said. Age also isn't really relevant in medicine.
Original post by PoliticsStu
Sorry to hear that :frown: I was mentally preparing myself for the rejection but it hit harder than anticipated, not the end of the world though.
I applied to LSE, Edinburgh, York and Warwick for politics and international relations, how about yourself?

Same tbh. i tried to prepare myself but at the same time i realllyy wanted to get in so i guess the latter cancelled it out haha

Ah all great unis! who have you heard from?

i applied to LSE for International Relations
St Andrews and Exeter for IR with Spanish and Arabic
and to SOAS for IR and Arabic

im more interested in IR than politics haha.
Original post by fghj1
I found out via track. Don't know whether to ask if I will get a letter or not or ask for feedback.

oh my god what
if you dont hear directly by friday maybe ask them lol
Original post by Sparster
Got slapped down by the Emmanuel rejection email. Kinda feel disappointed in myself and a slight niggling as if I have failed people who know me even though I know I shouldn't feel that way. I am not mega upset or anything though and will get over it. Life exists elsewhere other than Cambridge (... I hope)

Feeling the same bruh
what did you apply for? And where are you considering going now
Original post by timelizard
Feeling the same bruh
what did you apply for? And where are you considering going now

Geography. Going to go to Durham instead.
Reply 69
Signing on lmao
Reply 70
Any other Physical Nat Sci rejects here?
Reply 71
And how are you guys feeling? Depressed? Relieved? Indifferent?
Me too, who interviewed you? Did you get a generic email or an email from the DoS who interviewed you? What course did you apply for?

- Suzyle Monaide

Francesca Moore, Alex Jeffrey, Robert Beckingham and uh can't be bothered to look up the final one :s-smilie: You? And uh Geography
Reply 73
To an extent I'm glad it's all over really. I found out about an interview 4 days late. I don't have a letter now.
And I guess now I don't have to do STEP now. Every cloud eh...
Original post by ak33m98
Any other Physical Nat Sci rejects here?

:wavey:
Original post by vincrows
And as been proved by @jneill's chart, an applicant's assessment of their interview is never a good indicator of how it really was.

Could I have a link to this chart please, or just the thread it's on?

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by StrangeBanana

Give me a minute or 10 and I'll upload the latest version

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by StrangeBanana

Here you go:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 17.34.01.jpg
Original post by jneill
Here you go:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 17.34.01.jpg

Cheers. :biggrin:
Original post by timelizard
Same tbh. i tried to prepare myself but at the same time i realllyy wanted to get in so i guess the latter cancelled it out haha

Ah all great unis! who have you heard from?

i applied to LSE for International Relations
St Andrews and Exeter for IR with Spanish and Arabic
and to SOAS for IR and Arabic

im more interested in IR than politics haha.

That's fair enough haha, have you heard from any of them yet? I've got offers from York and Warwick, still waiting for decisions from LSE and Edinburgh :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending