The Student Room Group

Cambridge Rejects 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak33m98
Any other Physical Nat Sci rejects here?

Me!
Original post by BioStudentx
No email or letter so I'm going to join this thread.

same, I checked UCAS track though and it informed me there, also called the college and asked for information
Has anyone got rejected for history??
Original post by jneill
Here you go:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 17.34.01.jpg

So to conclude.... No correlation at all lmao
Oh God people finding out through track is horrendous... So sorry guys :frown:
Original post by jneill
Here you go:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 17.34.01.jpg

That '1' though.. :K:
Reply 86
Original post by SeanFM
That '1' though.. :K:

Yep @Platopus is very philosophical about it...
Lol I found out by track too! I called up fitz to ask why I hadn't received post and they told me to email with my UCAS number and course so they could scan the letter, so I logged onto track to check my number and there was the rejection. Happy days.
Reply 88
Original post by Euphrosyne.
Lol I found out by track too! I called up fitz to ask why I hadn't received post and they told me to email with my UCAS number and course so they could scan the letter, so I logged onto track to check my number and there was the rejection. Happy days.

Ouch :frown:
Reply 89
I feel you, currently eating chocolate and feeling very very upset. I applied for Economics, I'm considering asking for feedback and perhaps reapplying next year...
Reply 90
Rejection from Churchill for Computer Science :s-smilie:
Original post by High Stakes
Come with me, to save the world. :cool: One STEM subject at a time.

Leggo go volunteer in some third world nations get that Harvard-style extra curricular. Build a few schools in Africa. The RonnieRJ STEM Academy?

Omg I was thinking camp America or something or That international version of NCS
Original post by imsoanonymous123
you can get rejected for being arrogant...? wtf? i thought they only cared about your academic ability

Oh no no I didn't get rejected because I was "arrogant" I'm not an arrogant person at all lol I've no reason to

It's just that someone on here perceived me as being arrogant because I said BTEC were much easier than A levels... Lol
Original post by jneill
Yep @Platopus is very philosophical about it...

Oh dear... Well, at leat it's good practise for a philosophy degree :wink:
Reply 93
Original post by Platopus
Oh dear... Well, at leat it's good practise for a philosophy degree :wink:

I'm stopping now :smile:
Original post by jneill
I'm stopping now :smile:

Hehe thank you :biggrin: I get the feeling this one could run and run!
Original post by PoliticsStu
That's fair enough haha, have you heard from any of them yet? I've got offers from York and Warwick, still waiting for decisions from LSE and Edinburgh :smile:

Heard from SOAS and Exeter, waiting for LSE and St And.
Let me know if you hear anything 😊
Reply 96
Original post by vincrows
Are you EU citizen or from outside EU?
If it's the latter, it's extremely difficult to stay on after graduated to work in UK because of much stricter visa requirement than it used to be. You're only give 4 months or so to find a job for which your employers is happy to pay to cost to obtain the working visa for you.
A lot of Cambridge (or other top unis) graduates had to go back to their country because they couldn't get a visa within the time limit.

Oh no. :frown:

I wanted to stay on and work in the UK after graduating. :frown:

If that's the case, I presume you need to start hunting for jobs in your second/third year so that you've got a longer time? I was thinking about IB, so second year internship then catapulted to a job offer after that.
Reply 97
Original post by Zacken

If that's the case, I presume you need to start hunting for jobs in your second/third year so that you've got a longer time? I was thinking about IB, so second year internship then catapulted to a job offer after that.

Paging @Princepieman :smile:
Original post by Zacken

Yes, definitely.
It's getting more and more difficult last few years because of the difficulty the UK has been facing in controlling the rapidly increasing number of immigrants. Because they can't put limit to EU immigrants, the immigrants from outside EU is being the victim of the policy.
I know too many very talented Cambridge (and some other top uni's) graduates having to leave UK even though they wanted to stay to work.
Internship at IB is extremely competitive, international or not, so if you really want stay in UK, consider other options, too, at the same time. Once you got a job and working permit, it's much easier to find another job afterwards.
You have to find an employer who is happy to pay all the cost (and spend a time to go through) for the work permit application process) for you. And there's a minimum salary level you have to be earning to be given the permit, too. (this won't be a problem if you find a job at IB, but for other jobs, it's above average income)
Reply 99
Original post by vincrows

Well... slightly disheartening, but good to know before going! Does Cambridge have a careers kinda place thingy where you get help with your career decisions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending