The Student Room Group

LNAT Results 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LC121199
I got 25 on my LNAT which I was really disappointed with considering I was getting around the 30-32 mark in practises, but I've so far got an offer from Bristol (who place fairly high importance on LNAT) and an interview at UCL (still waiting for Durham) and offers from Exeter and York also (non LNAT). I guess if your predictions, statement and essay are good then there is still hope! :smile:

What where your AS and A2 predictions and GCSEs?
Original post by elisheak
25 is good! The average is 23 so dont worry about your LNAT. Also my friend got into kings with AAB and an lnat score of 23 so dont worry tbh. I cant say much about LSE because I've been told they put a lot of importance on your personal statement, but your grades are brilliant and if I was you I honestly wouldnt worry!

Thank you for your reply! It's made me feel much better now ☺️ I really do appreciate your reply!
Reply 62
4 A*s 7 As GCSE, and A*A*A prediction
4 A*s 7 As GCSE, and A*A*A prediction

I think you've got it in the bag!
I got a 34 on the LNAT which I'm pretty pleased about but still haven't heard back from any of the Unis I applied to who take LNAT into consideration- Durham, UCL and Glasgow. Slightly concerned as quite a lot of people I know who have applied to these places have offers already...
Reply 65
I got 25 on my LNAT which I was really disappointed with considering I was getting around the 30-32 mark in practises, but I've so far got an offer from Bristol (who place fairly high importance on LNAT) and an interview at UCL (still waiting for Durham) and offers from Exeter and York also (non LNAT). I guess if your predictions, statement and essay are good then there is still hope! :smile:

if I may ask when did you submit your application? I'm applying to most of the schools you're applying but have not gotten any replies :/
Reply 66
Original post by TheRoyalLobster
I got 31 and have received offers from Durham, UCL, Kings and Oxford (by some miracle! :':wink: )

Hi! That's great well done! Do you mind saying whether you applied for the first round of the KCL scholarship?
Original post by TheRoyalLobster
I got 31 and have received offers from Durham, UCL, Kings and Oxford (by some miracle! :':wink: )

Hey, do you mind me asking what grades you got at AS? It's just that I got 31 as well but I haven't heard anything back from Kings or UCL.

Original post by Maggiels
Got 31 :tongue: was getting around the 28 mark on practices (one was 18 but that paper was horrifyingly bad)

Offer from UCL, withdrew from Bristol (because they were taking their sweet time and I thought it better to give the offer to someone else, didn't really want to go)

Rejected from Oxford post-interview

Offers from Exeter (why I withdrew Bristol) and Westminster

Firm UCL (A*AA)
Insurance Exeter (AAB)

My AS grades weren't great though (AABC, retaking the B this year) so I think my PS and LNAT score massively helped with UCL offer and getting Oxford interview.

Hey there!
Congrats on your score and offers!
I also got 31, and was also rejected from Oxford post-interview. I'm impatiently waiting for their feedback, as I had already achieved grades equivalent to A*AA (and am honestly not sure what they didn't like about my application, since I loved the interviews and thought they went well). But oh well, we'll have to wait and see :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 69
i too got an offer from Bristol few weeks ago.however got a rejection from King's yesterday.
Any idea what is the conditional offer from King's like? My LNAT score is 25....wish to reapply.
I got just 20 in the LNAT but I have offers from Bristol, Glasgow and Durham
Reply 71
Where else did u apply?
Original post by beccamcki
Original post by beccamcki
Hi there, really well done on your offers - could I ask was that a conditional or unconditional for Glasgow - and are you A-levels or Highers? :-)
Original post by Cheadle41
Hi there, really well done on your offers - could I ask was that a conditional or unconditional for Glasgow - and are you A-levels or Highers? :-)

Thank you! Glasgow gave me a conditional offer for 3As. My A-levels are Politics, English lit and Religious Studies
Reply 74
hi)) sorry for bothering, but if you don't mind would you tell where did you end up going to? Was your offer conditional or not?? Curious coz I'm senior IB student this year:smile:
Reply 75
I didnt do too well in my LNATs (a 25 and a really crappy essay -- I just wasn't mentally prepared for it so I screwed it up) but it all ended up fine for me I'm currently in Durham studying law. I was doing the IB as well and my predicted was 39/42. All my offers were conditional and were exactly as stated in the uni pages. Although there were a couple IB students last year who missed by a bit I think Durham let them in after re-assessment? My friend also missed by a hairline in Exeter and they let her in. Although the A level students weren't as lucky (bc it was later in the year I presume?) Don't quote me on that though. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest