The Student Room Group

LNAT Results 2016 Entry

LNAT results are out in a few weeks, how is everyone feeling about it? :-)

Scroll to see replies

Not really that bothered anymore. The wait has been so long!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
When are they out? I'm just curious to see what I got tbh, kinda wish you could get a mark for the essay too...
Reply 3
Original post by Coreling
When are they out? I'm just curious to see what I got tbh, kinda wish you could get a mark for the essay too...

End of Jan or start of Feb I think. Yeah, me too. I mean I can guess it went okay since I got into my 3 LNAT unis, but I'm still curious!
Have you guys applied to Bristol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So far I've received offers from two of my LNAT Universities! I went for a 4:1 split and it's been going well so far! Mehhh
Original post by JohnGreek
I don't really care about the LNAT at this point in time - got offers from Bristol and UCL, and rejection from Oxford, so I imagine that the MCQ score is around the 25-28 mark range.

The only uni I'm waiting for is LSE, which doesn't use it, so whatever :bored:

Oooh fellow UCL twin! I'm imaging you achieved straight As at AS if you think your Oxford rejection was a result of your LNAT score? I also received an offer from Durham so we'll see! Technically I only have 4 choices! So three out of four isn't too shabby so far! Will UCL be your first choice?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by trad1998

Have you guys applied to Bristol?

No, although it's supposed to be a great uni. Is it taking forever? I applied to Oxford, Durham, Notts, York and Lancaster and managed to get 5/5 offers, so I'm quite interested to see what I got :-)

What about yourself?
Reply 8
Hi there :smile: UCL will probably be my first choice if I get rejected from LSE, but the difference between them is so small that I wouldn't really care anyway... Getting rejected from, say, Cambridge Law and going to UCL is a bit of a downgrade; LSE to UCL really isn't imo (perhaps I'm in denial, who knows!)

My ASs were fine, but I'm thinking that the rejection from Oxford was based on a combo of my GCSEs (only got 8A*s and an A to show, all IGCSEs - CIE exam board), and my LNAT MCQ. The reason why I'm predicting this range is because I know that the average achieved MCQ for UCL offers was 25 a few years ago (it may be slightly higher as averages increase due to the inevitable grade inflation), and because the college I applied to at Oxford said that you needed 26+ to be "in good chance" of getting an interview, but presumably has far higher demands for offers (the average for Oxford was around 28).

So, yeah, I'm narrowing myself down to that range of marks - we'll see how it turns out!

Sounds like you are pretty damn strong applicant to me! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by your LNAT, I know so many people who got rejected from Oxford and are outstanding candidates. I imagine our LNAT scores mattered less post-interview :-)
Hi there :smile: UCL will probably be my first choice if I get rejected from LSE, but the difference between them is so small that I wouldn't really care anyway... Getting rejected from, say, Cambridge Law and going to UCL is a bit of a downgrade; LSE to UCL really isn't imo (perhaps I'm in denial, who knows!)

My ASs were fine, but I'm thinking that the rejection from Oxford was based on a combo of my GCSEs (only got 8A*s and an A to show, all IGCSEs - CIE exam board), and my LNAT MCQ. The reason why I'm predicting this range is because I know that the average achieved MCQ for UCL offers was 25 a few years ago (it may be slightly higher as averages increase due to the inevitable grade inflation), and because the college I applied to at Oxford said that you needed 26+ to be "in good chance" of getting an interview, but presumably has far higher demands for offers (the average for Oxford was around 28).

So, yeah, I'm narrowing myself down to that range of marks - we'll see how it turns out!

That is true! According to the World rankings UCL is 4th in the World for Law and ranks 7th overall, with Oxford just ahead in 6th place! I hope that may serve as some form of consolation!

I hope my Oxford question did not come across harsh! It's a peer of mine applied to Oxford this year for Law and was rejected despite achieving straight As and so I assumed it must have been their MCQ section which let them down!

Bizzarely, I too applied, but that's a story I'd be happy to tell if you'd be willing to PM me! Do you what I find rather odd? The three universities I've subsequently received offers from are allegedly known as the University for Oxbridge?! I'm not entirely sure how I feel about such a description being used? Haha!

Will you be attending the UCL applicant day next week? If so, we may be bumping into one another! How exciting?
Original post by Aquaxo
No, although it's supposed to be a great uni. Is it taking forever? I applied to Oxford, Durham, Notts, York and Lancaster and managed to get 5/5 offers, so I'm quite interested to see what I got :-)

What about yourself?

Well done. I applied to Oxford too but was rejected post-interview 😔 I haven't heard anything from Bristol and I applied in October. Just got offers from Warwick and Leicester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I've done badly in my LNAT because I still haven't heard back from Nottingham and Durham, however I got shortlisted for interview at Oxford, so I can't have done THAT badly
Original post by Aquaxo
End of Jan or start of Feb I think. Yeah, me too. I mean I can guess it went okay since I got into my 3 LNAT unis, but I'm still curious!

I'm not sure what to think about my LNAT, I felt my essay was pretty mediocre/bad but I got an offer from UCL and Oxford which would suggest otherwise. Its confusing though because I haven't heard back from Durham and King's, which I was told were less concerned with the LNAT?

I am a gap year applicant though, and I've heard some Unis give post A-level offers out later than pre A-level, that could explain my situation if true...
That's very kind of you - congratulations on your Oxford offer by the way! A friend of mine got 12A*/4A/4A* predictions, and got rejected from Law at St. Anne's after a dodgy interview after which she almost ran out crying, so I imagine that even achieving the absolute best grades possible for someone in your position won't be enough to turn the dons in your favour :frown:

I'm honestly not too bothered about the whole Oxford debacle any more - LSE was/is my first choice uni (I applied to three unis in London lol) - but I can imagine that it's extremely depressing to put so much effort into exams and LNAT prep and end up realising that the interview can make it or break it.... Well, onwards and upwards!

From what I understand Oxford doesn't use grades as heavily as Cambridge, I've heard they tend to use the LNAT + interview mostly. I personally have pretty average-weak grades compared to most candidates (A*AA at A-level) but still got an offer to my college of choice. My experience suggests to me that they put a large emphasis on LNAT + interview, maybe I'm wrong though because I didn't feel my interview went that well tbh. Sometimes it just seems random more than anything else!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by trad1998
Well done. I applied to Oxford too but was rejected post-interview 😔 I haven't heard anything from Bristol and I applied in October. Just got offers from Warwick and Leicester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, but as you can see from the post below Law was incredibly random and cutthroat this year, not even Lord Denning could have breezed through it :wink: don't take it personally, I'm sure you've heard all the clichés so far so I will spare you, but the fact that you made it to interview pretty much means you don't need to worry about not getting offers from elsewhere!

Bristol is notorious for taking forever, nevertheless congrats on those two! Do you know where you will firm? :-)

Original post by connieiscrazy
I feel like I've done badly in my LNAT because I still haven't heard back from Nottingham and Durham, however I got shortlisted for interview at Oxford, so I can't have done THAT badly

I saw you on the Oxford thread - hey! Gutted for you, but I am 100% sure you don't need to worry about Notts or Durham - like I said above, reaching interview means you are pretty damn special :-) I bet you aced the LNAT x

That's very kind of you - congratulations on your Oxford offer by the way! A friend of mine got 12A*/4A/4A* predictions, and got rejected from Law at St. Anne's after a dodgy interview after which she almost ran out crying, so I imagine that even achieving the absolute best grades possible for someone in your position won't be enough to turn the dons in your favour :frown:

I'm honestly not too bothered about the whole Oxford debacle any more - LSE was/is my first choice uni (I applied to three unis in London lol) - but I can imagine that it's extremely depressing to put so much effort into exams and LNAT prep and end up realising that the interview can make it or break it.... Well, onwards and upwards!

Thank you - absolutely, a friend of mine has almost identical stats and got rejected for another course, despite having entered essay competitions, having done multiple lots of work experience, public speaking, extra reading, just the whole shebang on top of stellar academics.

Exactly the right attitude - LSE should be a great 3 years, both academically and socially!
Reply 15
I'm not sure what to think about my LNAT, I felt my essay was pretty mediocre/bad but I got an offer from UCL and Oxford which would suggest otherwise. Its confusing though because I haven't heard back from Durham and King's, which I was told were less concerned with the LNAT?

I am a gap year applicant though, and I've heard some Unis give post A-level offers out later than pre A-level, that could explain my situation if true...

I'm pretty sure it's just because you are in the 'unconditional offer' pile, which for whatever reason isn't being looked at yet. I suspect offers will flood out after the Jan 15th deadline :-) congrats on your amazing offers thus far x
Original post by Aquaxo
I'm pretty sure it's just because you are in the 'unconditional offer' pile, which for whatever reason isn't being looked at yet. I suspect offers will flood out after the Jan 15th deadline :-) congrats on your amazing offers thus far x

Oh I have heard that some Universities do handle post A-level applicants differently, that could be it.
Thank you very much! I noticed just above that you have 5 offers, and Oxford to boot! Well done thats incredible, have you decided which Uni your going to firm? If you don't mind me asking which college (at Oxford) offered you a place?
Reply 17
Oh I have heard that some Universities do handle post A-level applicants differently, that could be it.
Thank you very much! I noticed just above that you have 5 offers, and Oxford to boot! Well done thats incredible, have you decided which Uni your going to firm? If you don't mind me asking which college (at Oxford) offered you a place?

Thank you very much :-) I am going to firm Oxford (not only because it's Oxford but also because it was one of my lowest offers!!). Of course - my offer was from St Peter's, I absolutely loved it when I stayed there. It was just the most chilled out college ever, with the necessary Oxbridge frills available when needed :wink:
Original post by Aquaxo
Thank you very much :-) I am going to firm Oxford (not only because it's Oxford but also because it was one of my lowest offers!!). Of course - my offer was from St Peter's, I absolutely loved it when I stayed there. It was just the most chilled out college ever, with the necessary Oxbridge frills available when needed :wink:

St Peter's sounds great! I'm sure you'll love it there.
I'm planning to go to Oxford too, even though I applied extremely last minute. I was never considering applying to Oxford until a friend suggested I may as well give it a go (that reminds me I still need to thank him! :smile:). Accordingly, I didn't have much time to research colleges and only had a quick search around for the more relaxed colleges and happened upon Queen's. From interviewing there it does seem quite chilled out, hopefully as relaxed as St Peter's :smile:. Maybe I'm trying to have my cake and eat it though, the academic rigours of Oxford law will probably catch up to us no matter where we hide!
Reply 19
St Peter's sounds great! I'm sure you'll love it there.
I'm planning to go to Oxford too, even though I applied extremely last minute. I was never considering applying to Oxford until a friend suggested I may as well give it a go (that reminds me I still need to thank him! :smile:). Accordingly, I didn't have much time to research colleges and only had a quick search around for the more relaxed colleges and happened upon Queen's. From interviewing there it does seem quite chilled out, hopefully as relaxed as St Peter's :smile:. Maybe I'm trying to have my cake and eat it though, the academic rigours of Oxford law will probably catch up to us no matter where we hide!

Couldn't have put it better myself! I don't know if I fully appreciate what I have signed up for :wink:

Queen's is absolutely stunning! And yes, you do need to thank him - sometimes people in life nudge you onto amazing paths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending