The Student Room Group

Anyone taking Edexcel Biology Unit 1 IAL?

Anyone is sitting for Edexcel AS Biology Unit 1 tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah :smile: I'm starting to read right now and planning to pull an allnighter, are you ready?
Original post by Drasti Kakkad
Yeah :smile: I'm starting to read right now and planning to pull an allnighter, are you ready?

I really don't know I'm just really scared of this examination for some reason! Do you have any expectations on what might come up? It's really difficult finding people sitting for IAL Edexel in January ugh I hope there is more threads about this bloody examination.
I'm thinking of going to sleep and waking up super early in the morning, I need to revise the textbook and experiments one last time and I still have the June 2015 session to solve. My colleagues sat for the Physics AS on the 11th and they said it was easy compared to the last few years... I hope same goes for Biology.
Original post by A-Level Student-
I'm thinking of going to sleep and waking up super early in the morning, I need to revise the textbook and experiments one last time and I still have the June 2015 session to solve. My colleagues sat for the Physics AS on the 11th and they said it was easy compared to the last few years... I hope same goes for Biology.

So how did Bio go for you? I sat for physics as well, I found it pretty hard.
I really don't know I'm just really scared of this examination for some reason! Do you have any expectations on what might come up? It's really difficult finding people sitting for IAL Edexel in January ugh I hope there is more threads about this bloody examination.

Its probably late for a reply, I'm sorry. How did it go for you though? Yeah I'm doing all IAL, still have unit 3s of sciences and S1 left along with chem unit 1 :frown: what about you?
So how did Bio go for you? I sat for physics as well, I found it pretty hard.

I also did bio 2day, it was okay, not hard honestly! Wbu?
Original post by Adorable98
I also did bio 2day, it was okay, not hard honestly! Wbu?

I honestly don't know I just hope what i've written is correct. Are you sitting for chem tomorrow?
I honestly don't know I just hope what i've written is correct. Are you sitting for chem tomorrow?

Yep!
Honestly I really liked the biology exam. It wasn't hard, a lot easier than some past papers. But damn those suggest questions... Good luck to everyone having other exams! I'm done with my January sessions! I'll do the rest in June.
Honestly I really liked the biology exam. It wasn't hard, a lot easier than some past papers. But damn those suggest questions... Good luck to everyone having other exams! I'm done with my January sessions! I'll do the rest in June.
yeah agreed. Although i can't say for sure how well i did. Hopefully not too bad ;p chem tomorrow;o
Original post by margaritap
yeah agreed. Although i can't say for sure how well i did. Hopefully not too bad ;p chem tomorrow;o

What value you guys get for per 1000 men?And why did they use per 1000 men in the study? (Not sure if I phrased it right!?)
What value you guys get for per 1000 men?And why did they use per 1000 men in the study? (Not sure if I phrased it right!?)

Not sure but i remember doing cross multiplication. (I think my answer was around 150 something?) I said they used per 100000 men to get larger numbers and a more representative of the population result.
Not sure but i remember doing cross multiplication. (I think my answer was around 150 something?) I said they used per 100000 men to get larger numbers and a more representative of the population result.

Really?! I think got 647.. It was 600 and something I guess! Not sure if Im right!:frown:
Really?! I think got 647.. It was 600 and something I guess! Not sure if Im right!:frown:

I basically did this, 31000000/ 48000 = 645.833 so 646 per 100000:frown:
I basically did this, 31000000/ 48000 = 645.833 so 646 per 100000:frown:

I did 48000/31000000=x/100000 amd cross multiplied
Hahahha omg I got 310... I don't know what I did but it seems so wrong.
I did 48000/31000000=x/100000 amd cross multiplied

I see, have you ever came across a question like this before?
Hahahha omg I got 310... I don't know what I did but it seems so wrong.

How did you get that no.?
Reply 19
I got 155 I think. And what about the potassium ion question?

Quick Reply

Latest