The Student Room Group

A-level Biology entry requirments

The college I'm hoping to apply to requires two B's in A-level Biology, however for GCSE core science the higher tier I got a grade C but additional science is yet to be taken in the summer. What if I get a grade A or higher in additional science, would they still consider me? Is their an alternative route to A-level Biology?

I cant retake Core science as its too late.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hassan254864
The college I'm hoping to apply to requires two B's in A-level Biology, however for GCSE core science the higher tier I got a grade C but additional science is yet to be taken in the summer. What if I get a grade A or higher in additional science would they still consider me? Is their an alternative route to A-level Biology.

I cant retake Core science as its too late now.

That's very much so dependent on the college, so you'll have to contact them and ask! :h: different colleges will have different policies so no one here can give you an answer I'm afraid :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on the school, so I'd suggest you go speak to them.
In my school, if you get an A in either additional, or your overall biology grade for triple you can take it, but otherwise you can't.
Reply 3
Original post by Hassan254864
The college I'm hoping to apply to requires two B's in A-level Biology, however for GCSE core science the higher tier I got a grade C but additional science is yet to be taken in the summer. What if I get a grade A or higher in additional science, would they still consider me? Is their an alternative route to A-level Biology?.

Entry requirements are decided by individual colleges so you would have to ask them. If they say they would require a B at Science then it is not too late to re-sit - the entry deadline isn't until half term. Go and explain why you want to re-sit, why you didn't ask earlier and ask if you would be allowed to.

Quick Reply

Latest