The Student Room Group
Reply 1
MadNatSci
Ok, I'm home and I miss the place already. Am going back to college as often as I can get away with, but am already suffering from withdrawal symptoms. How do you cope with such long summers?! :frown:

Work. Go backpacking. Dunno. I've managed to muddled through somehow for the last few years.
Reply 2
MadNatSci
Ok, I'm home and I miss the place already. Am going back to college as often as I can get away with, but am already suffering from withdrawal symptoms. How do you cope with such long summers?! :frown:

don't leave? It's what I'm doing, I have a 12-week job over the summer in Cambridge.

Alaric.
Reply 3
Alaric
don't leave? It's what I'm doing, I have a 12-week job over the summer in Cambridge.

Alaric.

And to think some people say Cambridge students can get obssessed with the place. Unfounded, clearly.
Reply 4
MadNatSci

Its only natural that you're going to miss being up/down (depending on where you live) there with all of your friends. But you didn't always live there, you should take this time to relax from your work, spend some time with your family and all of your old friends, who presumable have come home too, you shouldn't see this as a bad thing, its a sort of refreshment break where you can have just as much, if not more fun, than during term time. Thats my two cents anyway :tongue: .

:cool: :tongue:
Reply 5
:biggrin: Thanks! Just suffering from a bit of anticlimax I think..

Job in Cambridge sounds like a good idea - making notes for next year :wink:
Reply 6
MadNatSci

A friend of mine got a job with one of those Overseas Student Holiday thingies one vacation. Got free college accommodation and pay for taking people around and generally having fun! :smile:
Reply 7
MadNatSci

Anyway, you've probably got more time to bask in the greatness of people like me on these here forums :tongue: .

:cool: :tongue:
Alaric

Alaric.

Have you found private accommodation, or are you allowed to live in college?
Reply 9
MadNatSci

My cousin got a job with one of the language schools one summer; not sure what he had to do, think it was mostly shepherding foreign students around, making sure they don't kill themselves on bikes etc.

I am not going to be able to go back much, until the week before next term starts :frown: I miss it now.
Spare a thought for us poor schlubs who are still toiling away at our A-levels to get there and then have the agony of waiting for results to confirm our place, all the while really wanting to start.

By the way, after what one of the students helping on the Sutton Trust Summer School said about what they get I know I'll be applying to help!
Reply 11
androidkiller
Spare a thought for us poor schlubs who are still toiling away at our A-levels to get there and then have the agony of waiting for results to confirm our place, all the while really wanting to start.

By the way, after what one of the students helping on the Sutton Trust Summer School said about what they get I know I'll be applying to help!

What do they get?
fishpaste
What do they get?

Yeah, what do they get?
Reply 13
androidkiller

Been there, done that...so we'll be concentrating on our own sucky lack-of-Cambridgeness. And I had to go through a year of waiting and really wanting to start, so I think that counts for something!
Come on! You're home, forget about university for 4 months - do something: go travelling, get a job, teach yourself a language; this is the last proper holiday you'll have, don't waste it thinking Cambridge.
Reply 15
androidkiller

Accomodation, all expenses [just meaning food for the week and travel to/from] plus £150/week. TBH it's not a super-earner or anything; people mainly do it because it's something they want to do and because a week or two extra in uni is an appealing thought when you look at a 16-week stretch of being at home :smile:
Reply 16
BazTheMoney
Come on! You're home, forget about university for 4 months - do something: go travelling, get a job, teach yourself a language; this is the last proper holiday you'll have, don't waste it thinking Cambridge.

Well hopefully will be doing at least 2 of those 3 if things work out right. Am just in mopey mood as I'm still unpacking etc and can't face months of nothingness :eek:

And 2nd-3rd year holiday will be pretty good too, I should think!
Reply 17
Is that longer or something?
Reply 18
Acaila
Is that longer or something?

No, same length, but Baz said this was the last holiday we would be able to enjoy, so was just pointing out that's not true!
Reply 19
Ah right sorry :biggrin: I don't seem to be able to understand anything these days :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending