University College London
London

Psychology Applicants

Hi guys!

Anyone applied to do Psychology at UCL?

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'll be studying Psychology (already got my offer as I'm on a gap year), see you in September :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by PsychoD
Hey! I'll be studying Psychology (already got my offer as I'm on a gap year), see you in September :biggrin:

Got my offer too! Just gotta meet the A*AA now! :frown: pm mee!
I just graduated if you have any questions :smile:
I have applied in early November and I have not heard anything yet. How long does UCL usually take to send an offer for Psychology?
Reply 5
Hey I've applied in mid October and received an offer late November. I'd imagine that it is being processed! It will notify you on the UCL portal if it's being processed! x
It says Application Received :frown: Patiently waiting... I saw that last year they started giving offers away in late February. Guess this year it will be the same.
I got an offer of AAA even though the entry requirements on the website are A*AA and I'm predicted A*AA???
Original post by natnatnatlynch
I got an offer of AAA even though the entry requirements on the website are A*AA and I'm predicted A*AA???

That means they really like you and want you, be pleased!
Original post by Noodlzzz
That means they really like you and want you, be pleased!

Ya just confused ahaha
Hi guys, I applied for psychology mid October and they haven't got back to me? Yet durham and cambridge have made me offers in this time really confused, does this mean they've discarded my application?
Original post by monicadey
Hi guys, I applied for psychology mid October and they haven't got back to me? Yet durham and cambridge have made me offers in this time really confused, does this mean they've discarded my application?

Not at all! If they had you would have been rejected. They're still considering you :smile:
Not at all! If they had you would have been rejected. They're still considering you :smile:

Thank you! Maybe I should have included that I did a UCL summer school 😂 can't believe theyre leaving me to a second thought 🌚🌚 should be fine though :smile:
Thank you! Maybe I should have included that I did a UCL summer school 😂 can't believe theyre leaving me to a second thought 🌚🌚 should be fine though :smile:

I didn't get my offer until I think March?

Doesn't mean you're a second thought at all :smile:
I didn't get my offer until I think March?

Doesn't mean you're a second thought at all :smile:

Oh okay good! Thank you:smile: guess it's going to be a long wait! What's it like living with london costs??
Oh okay good! Thank you:smile: guess it's going to be a long wait! What's it like living with london costs??

My parents were in the lowest pay band for grants so I got the most there was which was plenty. My friends who were on less/none at all (+ no loan) who relied in parents had a lot smaller budget than I did. I also got a scholarship in first year which really helped

Rent gets A LOT cheaper after halls, even as I was in the cheapest halls there were at the time

I found I used the tube a lot more in first term and after I realised I could walk or get the bus which saved a lot more money
I just graduated if you have any questions :smile:

Hi, I've got an offer for psychology from UCL, Bristol, Manchester and Bath and I'm stuck between Bristol and UCL! Can i ask how do you find living expenses in London? If you have a part time job, do you find the higher wage helps out?

Also, do you find going out in London costs a ridiculous amount or are there good student clubs & fun cheap pubs? I've been told if I go to London I will be jealous of all my friends in other cities who can actually afford to go out!

Finally just wanted to ask where you moved out to after first year, was it far to travel each day? Sorry for all the questions!
Original post by Jennie Loop
Hi, I've got an offer for psychology from UCL, Bristol, Manchester and Bath and I'm stuck between Bristol and UCL! Can i ask how do you find living expenses in London? If you have a part time job, do you find the higher wage helps out?

Also, do you find going out in London costs a ridiculous amount or are there good student clubs & fun cheap pubs? I've been told if I go to London I will be jealous of all my friends in other cities who can actually afford to go out!

Finally just wanted to ask where you moved out to after first year, was it far to travel each day? Sorry for all the questions!

Well this was '11 - '15 so halls were a bit cheaper back then. I had max loan and grant from both SFE and UCL + scholarship in 1st year so money was never a problem

I'm not much of a partier but I found the union was a lot cheaper and better atmosphere than pubs. Clubbing was ok price wise, but the drinks were stupidly expensive so pre drink!

2nd year I was in Holloway which was a **** hole. Took me about 50mins door to door with 2 buses I think? 3rd-4th year I was in Camden Town/Mornington Crescent which was a 20 min walk or 10 mins on the bus. Lot nicer area too.
Got my psych offer from UCL yesterday! (AAA) No idea which uni to choose ):
Original post by unobliging
Got my psych offer from UCL yesterday! (AAA) No idea which uni to choose ):

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what you got at AS and are predicted? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending