The Student Room Group

What would be best for A level?

I am currently deciding what to take for A level and am wondering what people think of the options I am considering. I have decided I definitely would like to do maths and computer science, but cannot choose between the final two. I am considering physics, politics, economics, religious studies and Spanish. What are the pros and cons of each? Thank you in advance
Reply 1
economics :smile:
it links in nicely, however if you'd like to broaden your choices then pick Spanish if you wish to do a joint honors in a language
Reply 2
Original post by td2000
I am currently deciding what to take for A level and am wondering what people think of the options I am considering. I have decided I definitely would like to do maths and computer science, but cannot choose between the final two. I am considering physics, politics, economics, religious studies and Spanish. What are the pros and cons of each? Thank you in advance

Maths and computer science are very strong first choices, i would recommend economics as it goes nicely with maths and also physics or Spanish. Physics because it involves maths and considering you chose maths and computer science shows that you are a keen logical thinker. Spanish because you may be able to get a job abroad because computer scientists/economists are needed worldwide.
Hope this helped.
Reply 3
Original post by Ads.m
Maths and computer science are very strong first choices, i would recommend economics as it goes nicely with maths and also physics or Spanish. Physics because it involves maths and considering you chose maths and computer science shows that you are a keen logical thinker. Spanish because you may be able to get a job abroad because computer scientists/economists are needed worldwide.
Hope this helped.

Yes thank you that helps a lot.
Reply 4
Original post by Caver
economics :smile:
it links in nicely, however if you'd like to broaden your choices then pick Spanish if you wish to do a joint honors in a language

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest