The Student Room Group

~ Queen Cersei to Machine Cersei ~

Hello!

I have quite a few aims for my fitness in 2016, having started Crossfit 5 months ago (don't judge, I know it's like marmite :tongue:) I am determined to focus on cleaning up my diet and improving my fitness performace.

My general aim to build strength and hopefully some muscle along with it. :biggrin:

Fitness

:dumbells: Achieve 1 full toe to bar (or get as close as possible)

:dumbells: Practise double under skipping (did my first one last night!)

:dumbells: Increase weight progressively for deadlift, front/ back squats and lunges

:dumbells: Stick to workout routine

Nutrition

:eating: Eat breakfast and drink a smoothie every morning

:eating: Stop skipping meals

:eating: Cut down on sugar and fizzy drink intake

:eating: Increase daily fruit and veg intake

:eating: Drink enough water!

Right, time to lift some heavy stuff...

Scroll to see replies

In to watch! :colone:
Day 1:

Fitness

It's my rest day as had Crossfit last night but I went to the gym to do abs at lunch. My quads are feeling pretty darn achy from last night though!

Nutrition

Had cereal and a banana & blueberry home-made smoothie for brekkie (first smoothie in a while, whoop!)
Had a huge stir fry for lunch with houmous and carrots for an afternoon snack even though there are 3 galaxy ripples in my drawer staring at me.

This blog keeps reminding me to top up my glass with water :thumbsup:
In. Good luck! :smile:
in.
Best of luck Cersei :smile:
Day 2:

Fitness

Went to abs class at lunch and got my plank on! It was pretty good as we had a very intense teacher :tongue:

I've got Crossfit at 7 but I've looked up the programme for today and am absolutely dreading it and 99% of me wants to cancel and run home to my duvet and TV!

Update: I went to Crossfit and we were doing the Competition Open workout so it was designed to be a tough one but I got a PB on my back squat and actually managed to complete double the amount of sets I thought I could do! I did get shouted at my a crazy drunk lady on the train home though who kept hitting the guys next to me and got arrested when I got off in Brighton. :s-smilie:

Nutrition

Ate cereal for breakfast but was running too late to make a smoothie as my kitten was being naughty :run:

Water intake has improved :biggrin:

Currently eating carrots and houmous (but have also had a galaxy ripple and a turkish delight which amounts to a lot of sugar)

Drank a can of coke.... it's my greatest weakness!
#TheActiveMod. :ninja:

Subbing...
Original post by Queen Cersei

Drank a can of coke.... it's my greatest weakness!

Tried Coke Life before? It's in a green can.
Original post by HappyLifting
Tried Coke Life before? It's in a green can.

Nope, will give it a go at lunch today :tongue: Thanks for the tip!
Day 5 (Sunday 17th):

Fitness

Toe to bar- can raise my legs to a 90 degree angle, just another 90 degrees to go!

Worked out at home: focused on the lower body with deadlifts 30kg (4x10), reverse lunges with 12kg kettle bell (4x10), hip extensions, bridges with sit ups in between sets.

Nutrition

Protein and fruit smoothie post-workout

Water intake not so great... keep finding my mouth is dry but I just find water sooo boring!

I need to figure out a way to increase my calorie intake whilst sticking to a low spending budget as the intense workouts in Crossfit are causing me to lose weight (not my aim- I'm trying to gain mass!) but am not eating enough to gain muscle at the moment.
Day 5 (Sunday 17th):

Fitness

Toe to bar- can raise my legs to a 90 degree angle, just another 90 degrees to go!

Worked out at home: focused on the lower body with deadlifts, reverse lunges with kettle bell, hip extensions, bridges with sit ups in between sets.
Protein and fruit smoothie post-workout

Water intake not so great... keep finding my mouth is dry but I just find water sooo boring!

I need to figure out a way to increase my calorie intake whilst sticking to a low spending budget as the intense workouts in Crossfit are causing me to lose weight (not my aim- I'm trying to gain mass!) but am not eating enough to gain muscle at the moment.

:clap2:You're motivating me do the same thing .. but
I'll wait till I'm done with my A levels ! :yep:

Good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by FluffyCherry
:clap2:You're motivating me do the same thing .. but
I'll wait till I'm done with my A levels ! :yep:

Good luck!! :biggrin:

Wow! I feel so chuffed that it's motivating you, it has taken me so long to get the motivation to be consistent with working out! You can get involved in the summer contest once your A levels are over :h:
Ayyyy GO CERSEI :awesome:
Make sure to hit at least 3 blunts a day to keep up motivation!
Wow! I feel so chuffed that it's motivating you, it has taken me so long to get the motivation to be consistent with working out! You can get involved in the summer contest once your A levels are over :h:

I'll definitely give that a go! Thanks! :grin:
X

Re calorie intake - Milk? V cheap and reasonably high calorie content. Or a mass gainer shake? Those imo would be cheap options. I'm in the same boat and i just eat lots of pasta, rice and use milk to hit my calorie target...
Original post by Unistudent77
Re calorie intake - Milk? V cheap and reasonably high calorie content. Or a mass gainer shake? Those imo would be cheap options. I'm in the same boat and i just eat lots of pasta, rice and use milk to hit my calorie target...

I thought about that and I tried it a few months ago and found it effective but I was reading a few weeks back that milk is really bad for you and makes your skin bad?! I've got some high calories protein shake but weirdly haven't been noticing it helping... it's nice to hear someone else is in the same boat, I find it very difficult to eat large amounts, I'm much more little and often!
[QUOTE=Queen Cersei;62092705]I thought about that and I tried it a few months ago and found it effective but I was reading a few weeks back that milk is really bad for you and makes your skin bad?! I've got some high calories protein shake but weirdly haven't been noticing it helping... it's nice to hear someone else is in the same boat, I find it very difficult to eat large amounts, I'm much more little and often!

Well i mean excessive amounts of anything isn't healthy. However, my skin is poor and milk doesn't make a difference. I think at one stage i was drinking over a litre a day and i remember than feeling odd.

So i'd suggest anything under a litre a day is fine. That would be a decent 500 kcal plus.

Well i'd focus on high calorie foods if you can. Pasta, rice etc are very cheap and will make a meal quite high in calories.

It is difficult because if you try and keep meals healthy then they tend to not be that high in calories.

Do you use 'myfitnesspal'?
As a female i doubt your calorie requirements are that high, so i think milk or other drinks (weight gain shake etc) should enable you to hit your target...
Your appetite will increase as you consitently bulk. It becomes easier, trust me :smile:
Original post by Unistudent77
Well i mean excessive amounts of anything isn't healthy. However, my skin is poor and milk doesn't make a difference. I think at one stage i was drinking over a litre a day and i remember than feeling odd.

So i'd suggest anything under a litre a day is fine. That would be a decent 500 kcal plus.

Well i'd focus on high calorie foods if you can. Pasta, rice etc are very cheap and will make a meal quite high in calories.

It is difficult because if you try and keep meals healthy then they tend to not be that high in calories.

Do you use 'myfitnesspal'?
As a female i doubt your calorie requirements are that high, so i think milk or other drinks (weight gain shake etc) should enable you to hit your target...
Your appetite will increase as you consitently bulk. It becomes easier, trust me :smile:

Ok great, I will give that a go, I love chocolate milkshake so shouldn't be too difficult :tongue:

I also found that eating as healthy as possible really reduces your calories, vegetables just don't add up the same way unhealthy stuff does!

I used to use myfitnesspal but have kind of forgotten about it recently so I should pick that back up again :smile:
Day 6 (Monday 18th):

Fitness

Had CrossFit tonight, though was still a bit achy from the night before!
Completed a 17 minute round of 2km row, 50 front squats, 30 hang cleans for the WOD- actually couldn't get to sleep as my legs were too tight to get comfy!

Nutrition

Got some serious chocolate cravings and managed to resist until half four when I ran out to get a Terry's Chocolate Orange... it was definitely worth it though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest