The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm glad to be part of the team. :biggrin:

Question: would I keep my sub if I do the VIP posting instead of the WS?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mobbsy91
As per the previous unanswered thread competitions that TSR have run, I am assuming that the Welcome Lounge sub-forum is excluded from this!

I should hope so :tongue:
Does VIP posting include or exclude welcoming new members to the forum (the Welcome Squad's original aim)? :gah:
Are you going to check each reply to make sure they actually answer the OP's question? And I mean really answer it, not just stating the obvious or giving factually inaccurate information.

I would have expected to see Klix88, Origami Bullets, jelly1000, SuperCat007, Carnationlilyrose, SlowlorisIncognito, PQ and *Interrobang* in this group, not sure why they aren't tbh.
Reply 24
Do we have a forum just for us?
Original post by Aph

Not right now - whether we will in the future... :shrug:

To be honest, there's nothing non-transparent about this, so no real need.
Reply 26

Well for the person getting £25 each week they wouldn't want to advertise it. Plus finding this thread if I want to look at non-replied threads will be nightmarish. Even if it's just a links thread in WS that would help.
I want to join this club >.>
Original post by Aph
Well for the person getting £25 each week they wouldn't want to advertise it. Plus finding this thread if I want to look at non-replied threads will be nightmarish. Even if it's just a links thread in WS that would help.

If a link in WS would help, how about a link on your computer, notes, perhaps?

And to be honest, I don't think anyone is really going to care if it says they're getting £25, coz they're getting money for it... It's just like when someone wins a competition...

Personally don't see a massive need to set up a new sub-forum just for this...
Original post by Snufkin
Are you going to check each reply to make sure they actually answer the OP's question? And I mean really answer it, not just stating the obvious or giving factually inaccurate information.

I would have expected to see Klix88, Origami Bullets, jelly1000, SuperCat007, Carnationlilyrose, SlowlorisIncognito, PQ and *Interrobang* in this group, not sure why they aren't tbh.

Your concerns about ensuring the quality of replies are shared by everyone on the Community Team - this is the thinking behind making the VIP team invite only. For the launch of this, we've selected a mixture of Support Team members and established members with a track record of posting useful replies across TSR.

All of the people you've listed above are integral members of the TSR community. We approached several of them to offer them the chance to join this team but while they're going to continue posting useful replies, they've decided to let other people start out on the team.

But as I mentioned in the OP, it's great to have nominations on this thread for new team members. And we will be adding new people on a regular basis.
As per the previous unanswered thread competitions that TSR have run, I am assuming that the Welcome Lounge sub-forum is excluded from this!
Original post by SeanFM
I should hope so :tongue:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Does VIP posting include or exclude welcoming new members to the forum (the Welcome Squad's original aim)? :gah:

Yes, the 'Introduce Yourself' sub-forum is excluded from the count since that's already covered by the Welcome Squad.
Original post by Aph

This thread will be the place where we will post updates, at least for the time being. It will be useful to keep the competition public because we want to make sure potential new recruits know all about it as well.

I'll be posting the winners' names every Monday, and will also be posting updates throughout the week to let people know how they are getting on.

I'll tag team members into key announcements, and if you want to get back to the thread easily I'd recommend adding it as a bookmark.
Reply 32
This sounds lovely! :smile:
I'll be happy to join :h:
I'll be happy to join - I try to answer unanswered threads as often as I can and I've been here for a year now!
notice me senpai
Solid idea to solve what is clearly a problem, I can imagine this will garner some attention. Might be worth actually rewarding these members by giving the usertag more of a golden colour rather than the current Dulux' finest vomity-green you've opted for.
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Solid idea to solve what is clearly a problem, I can imagine this will garner some attention. Might be worth actually rewarding these members by giving the usertag more of a golden colour rather than the current Dulux' finest vomity-green you've opted for.

I thought it was gold!
Original post by rayquaza17
I thought it was gold!

It could well be. Maybe it's a #thedress situation all over again.
It looks more like green to me!

Having just done a quick sweep of the unanswered threads, it seems that part of the problem is because some people just dump threads in Advice on Everyday Issues instead of posting them in the appropriate forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending