The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

British Muslims, would you fight for the British Army?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
First remember everyone who was born in Britain, did not have choice in that matter so showing blind loyalty to Britain because of something you did not choose does not make sense.

However people do choose what religion they are so it makes sense to have a greater loyalty to the religion then the country you were accidently born in.
Having said this I would fight for Britain if the cause was just i.e fighting islamic state, however I would rather be imprisoned then fight with Britain in an unjust war.
Original post by Wellzi
And as this thread is already demonstrating, this is why Islam does not belong in the west.

Not really. I'm not Muslim and I'd never fight in the army.
Original post by al_94
Why would a Muslim want to fight for the British Army lol. That makes no sense the British Army is not Islamic they are not fighting to help Islam or Muslims and also many of these soldiers are war criminals.

Bull****.
Original post by PostGrad221
First of all I used the term 'consider'. I didn't say they would. People have a right to assess the facts and make a decision, whatever it may be.

I don't give a **** if this country is about to be invaded by Russia, it was just a place my parents happened to be living when they had me, nothing more.

Original post by PostGrad221

Secondly, if this country has done nothing for you, and you have no pride in being British, then you're free to leave for America.

Maybe I will.

Gonna be so hard with all that low tax and the world's best healthcare and amazing weather and missing all the terrorism and the neo-Nazi backlash to the terrorism and hunting trips in expansive American forests please no Britain I love you jksoznotsoz
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheTruthTeller
The OP should have worded the scenario better as in Britain getting unjustly attacked. Then it would show the distinction between those who deserve to live here and not, regardless of religion. I'm sure you are aware most pacifists are probably non-muslim and wouldn't join the BA either.

Exactly.

Although, being mixed race, many people would say I ain't British anyway so...
In reality it's because this country, despite its numerous faults provides a standard of living for people higher than the majority of other muslim countries.

Well yeah thats what I was saying lol even Muslims dont want to live in their hellhole homelands
Reply 26
I don't know my history? Deluded is an understatement... You aware of Islamic conquests and coloanlism of the world from Persia to Spain? I guess you don't want to hear the truth because your biased ears can only play the victim

I do not have to answer to you I am a British Citizen born in London I can live where I want so don't ask me stupid questions or I will block you.
Original post by al_94
i do not have to answer to you i am a british citizen born in london i can live where i want so don't ask me stupid questions or i will block you.

lol.. I dont like the truth.. Stop telling me it or ill cry :frown:
Original post by HAnwar
Never.

Original post by SonOfTheGun
Gonna be so hard with all that low tax and the world's best healthcare and amazing weather and missing all the terrorism and the neo-Nazi backlash to the terrorism and hunting trips in expansive American forests please no Britain I love you jksoznotsoz

World's best healthcare? You all right? :wink:

Yup no terrorism in America, nothing at all like shooting up abortion clinics, nope :tongue: hunting makes me sad
Original post by al_94
don't ask me stupid questions or I will block you.

Original post by abruiseonthesky

American healthcare is so much better than the NHS, provided you can pay for it.

British people are such dip****s to believe in the envy of the world lie, it's decent but it's nothing special.

Yup no terrorism in America, nothing at all like shooting up abortion clinics, nope :tongue: hunting makes me sad

I'm not gonna move to the ****ing Bible belt, it would be New York obviously
Reply 32
Original post by thunder_chunky
Bull****.

These wars are unjust and I will speak out against them
Yes, British people wouldn't mind fighting for their country. Some people are very patriotic. It is their country after all, that's where their ancestors originated from and that's where their bloodline runs.

Meanwhile in Blighty

'U wot m8, I will murk u rite in the gabber son'
American healthcare is so much better than the NHS, provided you can pay for it.

British people are such dip****s to believe in the envy of the world lie, it's decent but it's nothing special.

Exactly. Provided you can pay for it.

I'm not gonna move to the ****ing Bible belt, it would be New York obviously

Nice high crime rate :wink: I want to go watch whales off the coast of Caliornia
Reply 36

America is the godfather of terrorism

Meanwhile in Blighty

'U wot m8, I will murk u rite in the gabber son'

Original post by The Genghis Khan

At least in America poor people and rich people are kept separate.
I think they would, en masse if we let Simon lead them, they all seem to like him a lot.