The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Acaila
The more I stay on here, the more afraid of Clare I become! I think if I go near there they'll turn me into some love-crazed zombie! :eek:

And shiny why amn't I your fave UKLer?! {lip quivers, eyes water}

:biggrin:
Reply 21
Helenia
Nah, it's not like that really, I'm just terrorising shiny with it. Clare is very friendly, and I like it, but some people might find it too much. It's lovely though :biggrin:

You still got that big can of Clare love?
Reply 22
(Do you think they ever put it down?)
Reply 23
shiny
You still got that big can of Clare love?

But of course, it's always ready. Not sure how well it works long-range though :frown:
Reply 24
Helenia
But of course, it's always ready. Not sure how well it works long-range though :frown:

{ breathes a sign of relief :biggrin: }
Reply 25
shiny
{ breathes a sign of relief :biggrin: }

I'm sure if you head down Trinity Lane there will be plenty of 3rd years still around to test it though. :tongue:
Reply 26
Helenia
I'm sure if you head down Trinity Lane there will be plenty of 3rd years still around to test it though. :tongue:

It's very quiet in Cambridge now.
Reply 27
shiny
It's very quiet in Cambridge now.

I'll bet. What are you doing for the rest of the week until graduation?
Reply 28
Thunder! Rain! :eek:
Reply 29
Helenia
I'll bet. What are you doing for the rest of the week until graduation?

Was thinking about going to Wimbledon tomorrow ... if it doesn't rain :rolleyes:
Reply 30
shiny
Was thinking about going to Wimbledon tomorrow ... if it doesn't rain :rolleyes:

Oooh, fun! Thunderstorms are cool, but I don't want one right now as I'm in the middle of doing all my washing. After that, I wants one!

Am starrrrrving, stupid antibiotics that have to be taken on an empty stomach. I don't have an empty stomach 4 times a day! :mad:
Reply 31
Helenia
Oooh, fun! Thunderstorms are cool, but I don't want one right now as I'm in the middle of doing all my washing. After that, I wants one!

Am starrrrrving, stupid antibiotics that have to be taken on an empty stomach. I don't have an empty stomach 4 times a day! :mad:

Awwwww poor you :redface:

It's sunny now. Typical British weather :rolleyes:
Reply 32
shiny
Awwwww poor you :redface:

It's sunny now. Typical British weather :rolleyes:

Oh, I'll survive. Only two more days of this silly game. And stupid weather! :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Did they give you antibiotics for that insect bite? Ouch!

Never particularly seen the attraction of Wimbledon to be honest.

Oh and it's been pouring down here. My trousers turned a different colour and I had to use the hairdryer to get my hair dry 2 hours after I was out in the rain :rolleyes:
Reply 34
Helenia
Clare! We don't have ducks, but we have the best gardens in Cambridge (where you can walk on the grass; it's only Old Court where you can't) and the best first year accommodation anywhere!

John's is quite big, and not too popular with other colleges, but people there tend to like it. It depends if you can cope with the eye-rolling every time you tell someone what college you're at. Peterhouse is the opposite - very small and almost claustrophobic. I have some great friends there, but other people odn't like them so much.

I'm only thinking about Peterhouse if I do well in the essay prize, like someone above said it's an unofficial guaranteed place, otherwise iths Clare, Emma or John's, but I'm hearing a lot of negative stuff about John's but I will wait until the open day to make up my mind.
Reply 35
Well if you don't want to go Peterhouse is it that great an idea? I'm sure other colleges would be impressed by it.
Reply 36
Acaila
Well if you don't want to go Peterhouse is it that great an idea? I'm sure other colleges would be impressed by it.

It's not like that's my only reason to go there, it's just a very good one that shifts the balance in favour of Peterhouse. Do you think other colleges would be as impressed? I will ask on the open day.
Reply 37
why wouldnt they be impressed? it's not like theyd say "Oh look, they did really well in an essay competition....oh wait, it's a competition hosted by a fellow college, best not let this person into our college!"
Reply 38
Exactly. If it guarantees you a place at Peterhouse, it must surely bump you up in the estimation of other colleges.
Reply 39
Guess so. Still, i have to see if I do do well first.

Latest

Trending

Trending