The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Can I go to an open day with my parents and my brother?

I'm going to an open day at University of Manchester for Aerospace Engineering on the 24th of February. Can I go with my mother and brother?
Reply 1
Yeah i took my mum and brother lol
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
This is weird, I never even thought of taking my parents to any open days and never met anyone that did. Is this some sort of infantilisation of teenagers?
Reply 3
I don't think it's unusual, I took my dad to three open days and my mom and brother to another. There were lots of people with parents

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maker
This is weird, I never even thought of taking my parents to any open days and never met anyone that did. Is this some sort of infantilisation of teenagers?

What? Most of the people I saw at open days took a member of their family. There's nothing wrong with a parent wanting to see where their child may study.

Are you sure you're not talking about offer holder days? Cause I think it'd be weird to bring a parent to those. But taking a parent to regular open days is completely normal
Reply 5
Original post by AeroCarrot
I'm going to an open day at University of Manchester for Aerospace Engineering on the 24th of February. Can I go with my mother and brother?

Yes. I went to one open day with my parents and several on my own.

I prefer going on my own, but going with other people has it's advantages. It can give you a different perspective on things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maker

How old are you?

Most people I know go to open days with their parents.
Reply 7
Wait it's for offer holdes. Sorry for not being precise. The thing is that I'm from Spain so I have to travel to Manchester and my mother and brother are coming too, so it seems weird to tell them to go somewhere else
Reply 8
Original post by themanthelegend
How old are you?

Most people I know go to open days with their parents.

I went to uni in 1985

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending