The Student Room Group

Move away or stay near home?

I started university last September, nearly 300 miles away from home, but unfortunately dropped out mainly because I didn't like the course I was doing, but also due to the fact my dad has had 2 strokes in the space of 9 mionths, and today its happened again. I am meant to be moving back to the same far away town to start full time work and then start university, but to be honest I'm more scared/nervous what happens if it happens again and I'm not around? What doesn't also help is that I have my long-term girlfriend (2years+) living where I moved to, and to be honest I want to start a new life down there with Uni and her.

The situation: Move away again and hope for the best? Or stay nearby home, start uni up here and run the risk of ruining my old long term relationship, but be closer to family?

P.S this is not a literal question, just an advice.
Would a long distance relationship work at all? This is really difficult. You've got no idea how things will go with your dad and I hope everything does go well with him.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Would a long distance relationship work at all? This is really difficult. You've got no idea how things will go with your dad and I hope everything does go well with him.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

We had a long distance relationship for nearly 2 years... things started to crack to put it politely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending