The Student Room Group

Are extroverts attracted to introverts?

Are they? :smile:

I am an introvert and would rather be with someone who is also introverted.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It would be an absolute nightmare for me
Reply 2
Original post by Mona-S

I am an introvert and would rather be someone with a person who is also introverted.

Opposites attract...
Don't see why not. Shy/introverted people are quit cute tbh :yep:
I'm someone between extrovert and introvert. My crush is a complete extrovert. I really like him so yeah I guess yes :/
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
It would be an absolute nightmare for me

Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Original post by Mona-S
Are you an introvert or extrovert?

I'm well introverted, I'd rather develop close bonds than talk aimlessly for ages
Reply 7
Original post by BrokenLife
I'm someone between extrovert and introvert. My crush is a complete extrovert. I really like him so yeah I guess yes :/

Do you think you will get along? Since he is a complete extrovert, he would most likely want to go out most of the time.

You must be an ambivert :tongue:
Original post by Mona-S
Do you think you will get along? Since he is a complete extrovert, he would most likely want to go out most of the time.

The thing is that I don't mind going out etc ..its just that it takes me time to open up. That does mean I'm socially awkward or shy. Hence I said I'm somewhere between introvert and extrovert.

With me personally, I would rather be with someone who is an extrovert than introvert. So I guess I'm fine haha :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by shawn_o1
I'm well introverted, I'd rather develop close bonds than talk aimlessly for ages

I agree with you, but you can achieve that with an extrovert. Would you change your mind if you found the right person?
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
You must be an ambivert :tongue:

Yeah guess so. I didn't know there existed a name for people like me but hey thanks for telling me :tongue:

Not to mention sometimes I'm an absolute shy soul in front of my crush and sometimes I look him right in the eyes and carry a good convo:colonhash:
Original post by Mona-S
I agree with you, but you can achieve that with an extrovert. Would you change your mind if you found the right person?

I'd give it a thought, definitely
I'm an introvert and romantically prefer extroverts :tongue: but usually don't find it that big a deal.
Reply 14
The thing is that I don't mind going out etc ..its just that it takes me time to open up. That does mean I'm socially awkward or shy. Hence I said I'm somewhere between introvert and extrovert.

With me personally, I would rather be with someone who is an extrovert than introvert. So I guess I'm fine haha :biggrin:

hahha I am the same. If I get to know someone, I can open up to them.
I'm an introvert and I prefer introverts. Extroverted people intimidate me
If you see two good friends of the same gender, I think that one will be a little extrovertic and the other will have introvertish qualities.
This is because each is subconsciously aware of their failing, and hence feel complete when their friend is with them.
Original post by Mona-S

I am an introvert and would rather be with someone who is also introverted.

Relationship wise perhaps easier if both are of the same personality type. However, it can be that opposite personality types attract. So you could have two extrovert clubber types that are into the same scene and are the gender other half of each other but not attracted to each other. Myself I'm introvert but often seem to get chemistry with more extrovert girls. This is real difficult as often the girl though attracted tends to pass over me as it is assumed (perhaps correctly) that I would not fit in with her worlds/friends. I understand this but its still sucks and who knows until you try perhaps.

I think its far easier for introverted girls to get with extroverted guys as girls are often thought to naturally be more quiet, its more accepted. Girls tend to get let of more than guys if they aren't quite this or that- the tick box exercise that girls use on guys is not what guys tend to do.Guys will often explain away a bit of poor social skills or objectionable action/position, girls often won't it will be a bone for contention. Not to say dating an opposite as a girl is easy, you'll have the girls wants to sit at home in the evenings watching endless soaps, guy will get tired of it and want to go out with his mates to the pub, girl will moan about it - split up on the cards. However, if your both introvert high chance any children you have may be, ok if born a girls but born a guy - you don't get let off so easy, forming relationships is difficult for introverted guys.
I could never be in a relationship with an extrovert. They are too much. They put me on edge.
i used to be an introvert but money has loosened me up so i'm extroverted now

Quick Reply